Thread: All Cathedral Galaxy maps -- and GM resources

Default All Cathedral Galaxy maps -- and GM resources

I have completed my project to draw maps of all the major regions in the Cathedral Galaxy! I keep linking back to the overview galactic map here, but I thought it would be cool to put all the regional maps together in one place. I even corrected a couple typos. And I'm trying to abuse the forum formatting to roughly place them in the right relationship, ha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_TradersRim_210605.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	132403 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Ramparts_211210.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	132404

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Mariner_211123.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	132402 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Amseile_220110.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	132405 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Shobah_220112_noship.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	132406 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Exiles_211208.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	132407

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Imperium_210807.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	5.45 MB 
ID:	132408 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Republic_220110.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.90 MB 
ID:	132409 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_BurialGrounds_220103.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	132410

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_SeaOfRelics_210619.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	132411 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_FarReaches_220110.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	132412

I suppose I should post a new map here so here is one showing the travel times to and from different points in the galaxy. This is also the speed at which information travels from place to place, via message drone.

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_InformationAndTravelTime.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	8.12 MB 
ID:	132401

The next step in my project is...writing a novel. Eek. I know the story but I will have to spend some time with it to figure out whether that project is going to go well!

In the meantime, though, I have fielded a couple individual questions on Twitter and via email about RPG campaigns in the Cathedral Galaxy setting. I love the idea! In order to provide more unique lore and give some background details that will be consistent with my plot outlines, I took the time to write down a set of references and resources for Game Masters interested in coming up with campaigns that use these maps. I am sure I didn't think of everything, so I'll add to it as questions come up. Here is the link: https://josephshoer.com/blog/2022/01...-gm-resources/

I'm happy to be done with this project and looking forward to the next step. Whew!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'll bet that was a monumental task- good for you for staying with it. It's a good sign for your novel-writing endeavors, since it shows you have the stick-to-it-ivness to get it done.

Thanks, Diamond! I have written smaller stories before, but never set out to do something novel-sized. (At least, not outside of technical documents at work...but that's different.) Yet I clearly can't put this universe down, as I went and produced an extra dozen maps after the first one. And some recent current events have influenced me to finish the story and try to get it out there. I appreciate the vote of confidence!

The galaxy map was brilliant and ambitious, but the whole series is a win and for sure a labour of love and creativity!
    Well done, Joseph.