Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europa 1920

Map Europa 1920

Hi all!

Here is my final map of Europa 1920, an alternate history map about an other Europe in 1920.
    I kept the real history as a base until 1900 and then change everything in the last 20 years.

The main difference are:

- The petrol is discovered but nobody really knows how to use it (exepted Russians, maybe), so everything work with steam engine or gaz.
    - In consequence, there is no plastic
    - Diplomacy, politics and borders changed a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Europa 1920 web.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	132163

If you are interested further by, you can find pieces of background on my instagram feed, where I posted every country and cities one by one with a bit of explainations.
    I reduce a lot the quality of the scan to be able to upload it, that why I think it can looks a bit wrong if you zoom on it.

This is been a one year project (of course not at full time) and I'm really happy to bring it to the end, as motivation was up and down all the year long.
    For that I'm very proud of myself to keep it up till the end in such a long among of time!

I tried to push myself as the best as I was capable when I started it, and my skills rised with it.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Looks great…
    at first the trees looked weird to me, then I realised they are aligned with the grid, which is really neat.
    ‘well done on finishing the long slog

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Hi all!

Here is my final map of Europa 1920, an alternate history map about an other Europe in 1920.
    I kept the real history as a base until 1900 and then change everything in the last 20 years.

The main difference are:

- The petrol is discovered but nobody really knows how to use it (exepted Russians, maybe), so everything work with steam engine or gaz.
    - In consequence, there is no plastic
    - Diplomacy, politics and borders changed a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Europa 1920 web.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	132163

If you are interested further by, you can find pieces of background on my instagram feed, where I posted every country and cities one by one with a bit of explainations.
    I reduce a lot the quality of the scan to be able to upload it, that why I think it can looks a bit wrong if you zoom on it.

This is been a one year project (of course not at full time) and I'm really happy to bring it to the end, as motivation was up and down all the year long.
    For that I'm very proud of myself to keep it up till the end in such a long among of time!

I tried to push myself as the best as I was capable when I started it, and my skills rised with it.

I hope you will enjoy it!
    |This is beautifull , why though Unione delle repubbliche marinare if you said till 1900 was real history ? In 1860 Italy was a kingdom.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat! I like the steam powered tank and all the crabby-walking-thing-ys! The grid aligning for the trees is also rather cool and unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Misjay Maps View Post
    Looks great…
    at first the trees looked weird to me, then I realised they are aligned with the grid, which is really neat.
    ‘well done on finishing the long slog
    Thank you Misjay! I started with vertical trees, but then it looks even more strange with the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    |This is beautifull , why though Unione delle repubbliche marinare if you said till 1900 was real history ? In 1860 Italy was a kingdom.
    Thank you Naima!

Well, in this distopia, the Italy Kingdom fall in early 1900s like in England with the crash of the crown in 1902. But when England turn to chaos, Italy manage to rebuild itself with the old strong cities. Here is what I writed about Italy:

"The fragmented Italian territory has struggled to unify. The Maritime republics finally concluded an economic agreement, making the first European trading power.

Genoa has established itself as the head of the republics by its influence, but also by its industry: thanks to an hydraulic process, it is the first city to have electricity. This new source of energy fascinates the whole europe, and Genoa built a gigantic light bulb in Ferrari Square.

No one knows if this union will hold, as discords are frequent. The official language is Italian, but each city retains its own dialect.
    Rome is an autonomous city-state: excluded from the alliance, it under the direct influence of the clergy."

It probably doesn't make any sence compare to the real histtory, but that is not the purpose of this map at all

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really neat! I like the steam powered tank and all the crabby-walking-thing-ys! The grid aligning for the trees is also rather cool and unique!
    Thank you Arimel! I do also like all this little machines, especially this small steam tank who turn very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post

Thank you Naima!

Well, in this distopia, the Italy Kingdom fall in early 1900s like in England with the crash of the crown in 1902. But when England turn to chaos, Italy manage to rebuild itself with the old strong cities. Here is what I writed about Italy:

"The fragmented Italian territory has struggled to unify. The Maritime republics finally concluded an economic agreement, making the first European trading power.

Genoa has established itself as the head of the republics by its influence, but also by its industry: thanks to an hydraulic process, it is the first city to have electricity. This new source of energy fascinates the whole europe, and Genoa built a gigantic light bulb in Ferrari Square.

No one knows if this union will hold, as discords are frequent. The official language is Italian, but each city retains its own dialect.
    Rome is an autonomous city-state: excluded from the alliance, it under the direct influence of the clergy."

It probably doesn't make any sence compare to the real histtory, but that is not the purpose of this map at all
    Cool so the Italian Kingdom didn't conquer the Rome city before 1900?

I saw parts of this one on Instagram and am, as always, so happy to discover the full map here. And what. a. wonder !! From the projection you choose to the details in the frame, the calligraphy, the colors... Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Cool so the Italian Kingdom didn't conquer the Rome city before 1900?
    Humm I imagine more something like the normal Italian Kingdom felt in a short chaotic period when every cities became kind of independant, and then the commercial union started without Roma. Makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I saw parts of this one on Instagram and am, as always, so happy to discover the full map here. And what. a. wonder !! From the projection you choose to the details in the frame, the calligraphy, the colors... Wow !
    Thank you very much Beee! I'm very happy you like it! (especially because you were one of the main inspiration source for the map)

Ahhh! I can’t rep you. But this is so good! Your skills are improving lightningly fast. And I’m still honored to have a map made by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Ahhh! I can’t rep you. But this is so good! Your skills are improving lightningly fast. And I’m still honored to have a map made by you.
    Thank you very much Gerralt!

Happy new year to all of you by the way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast