Hello all,

My name is Aaron and I'm one of the volunteer editors for the Atlas of Design, a biennial publication from the North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) that is currently seeking submissions for its 6th volume, due for print in Fall 2022. NACIS is a not-for-profit professional organization for map enthusiasts that is headquartered in North America, but open to membership for anyone, and publishing the Atlas is just one of its initiatives intended to help promote and educate on the field of cartography. Printed or digital, 2D or 3D, the traditional and the unconventional – we’re interested in maps about anything, from anywhere, from anyone. We seek maps that will inspire readers both within the field of cartography and without toward new understandings of design, and of the power that a well-crafted map can have.

Entries will be judged by a panel of experts, and a physical book featuring the top choices will be published with a planned release in Fall 2022. Examples of maps from previous volumes can be found at the Atlas of Design website, below. All submissions must be received by January 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM PST.

Submissions are free, you do not need to be a NACIS member, and you do not need to live in North America. We accept submissions from around the globe, and map text can be in any language - even a fake one.

You can learn more about the Atlas and submit your work at our website, https://atlasofdesign.org/. I can also try and answer any questions folks might have who are interested!

-Aaron