Thread: Software for Mac that is not QGIS

Default Software for Mac that is not QGIS

Hello,

I am recently getting back into mapping. I know have a Mac computer and tried using QGIS but I didn’t like it. Is there a better option. I am willing to pay money for the software.

What kind of mapping are you looking to do?

Other World Mapper has a Mac version. Inkarnate is in browser so it'll work too. Not sure about Wonderdraft. A lot of us use photo editing programs like Adobe Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Affinity Photo. Or vector programs like Illustrator and Affinity Design.
    Last edited by Tiana; 01-25-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I use qgis for geometry edits, checking over my data, and making maos. Use earth engine and/or python for everything else. suppose you need to run arc pro Use boot camp or parallels desktop. Probably boot camp if you have an older MacBook. Qgis will run just fine; I've used it on a Chromebook before. There are good macs out there for reasonable prices. And the new m1 macs have faster single-core performance in some apps than even a ryzen 9 5950x? Which matters a lot for qgis. Or you can contact salvagedata.com for help with this situation
    Last edited by SimonaSartre; 04-17-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    What kind of mapping are you looking to do?
    That's really the key question.

If you want to do tactical-scale top-down maps, or hex tile maps, or even isometric maps, try MapForge, which now has a WINE version for Macs running Catalina OS or greater.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.