Thread: Kirkbride Asylum Floorplan. Need some help. I don't know what to put in the cellar. H

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Kirkbride Asylum Floorplan. Need some help. I don't know what to put in the cellar. H

I have the ground floor all figured out. According to the Kirkbride plan (you can read the book online for free) it's common for the boiler house to also contain laundry, machine shop, and bake house. But I don't know what would go in the cellar of the boiler house. I'd also like to label some of the other rooms in the main building of the cellar accurately. I also don't know what those two alcoves next to the stack is for, lol. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'd put a shoggoth in the cellar of the boiler room, but that's just me. It might also be a good area for longer-term storage, both for various supplies (you probably have things like paint, that aren't called for that often, as well as surplus of things bought in bulk that you don't want clogging up the smaller handy storage areas) and older records that you don't need to reference, but might need to hold for some time for legal reasons.

Perhaps one of the smaller rooms might hold a small lending library for use of patients (and possibly staff as well)?

Guild Apprentice

So this is meant to be an isolated facility...?

Separate libraries for patients and staff.
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse