Thread: Modern Age cities + Fortifications / ciudades en la Edad Moderna + fortificaciones

Map Modern Age cities + Fortifications / ciudades en la Edad Moderna + fortificaciones

This is an experiment of sorts. I'm making the posts of this thread both in English and Spanish to make it more accesible, to attract fellow Spanish-speakers and to be able to fully express the technical jargon required to design and build Modern Age fortifications.

Hi, I'm beginning to design the fortification layout of some cities for the first time and I wanted to share the bare bones of how I'm doing it and if anybody wants to give some input, that would be lovely.

First one is a coastal city. It's based on a peninsula and is at the estuary of a river.
    The peninsula isn't more than 1 km across in the widest part, and it has a looong and narrow isthmus where we can place succesive defenses.
    Also, the peninsula makes part of one of the sides the narrow mouth of the river, and there's another peninsula on the opposite side.

For now and later basic maps, the legend:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legend.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	133041
    Para este y cualquier otro mapa básico, la leyenda ^^

This is the coastal city:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CadizRipoff.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	133042
    Esta es la ciudad costera ^^

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Hola, estoy empezando a diseñar las fortificaciones de algunas ciudades por primera vez, y quería compartir por aquí el esqueleto de cómo lo estoy haciendo, y si alguien quiere hacer algo de crítica constructiva, es bienvenido.

La primera es una ciudad costera. Está emplazada en una península, junto al estuario de un río.
    La península no tiene más de 1 km en su punto mas ancho, y tiene un largo y estrecho istmo donde podemos situar sucesivas líneas de defensa.
    Además, la península forma parte de la estrecha boca de la ría y hay otra península en el lado opuesto.
    Last edited by 4maram; 03-15-2022 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Adding the Spanish part