Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Adobe Illustrator a good program for maps?

Well if you are doing that much it's probably worth the sticker price. As long as you are doing that much. Otherwise you could either a)find a cheaper program, or try the free trial version of them, or b) pay for the sub price simply on the programs you happen to be using at that time. You can take your time trying different spheres rather than trying to do everything all at once, which to me just sounds like an inevitable disaster.

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone! A few weeks ago, I finally ended up getting Illustrator, and by extension, Adobe. I have used the program and I have to say, I love it! I have to say, it's much easier to draw my continents than Inkscape. Although it still lags at points, but that's standard because my maps are somewhat detailed because I like those types of maps. But I reccomend it! Heck, if you want to see my progress on my new map, Woodiea, here is the thread.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=50752

Thank you!

Im a fan of Illustrator

Quote Originally Posted by WoodytheClimateGuy View Post
    Hello everyone! A few weeks ago, I finally ended up getting Illustrator, and by extension, Adobe. I have used the program and I have to say, I love it! I have to say, it's much easier to draw my continents than Inkscape. Although it still lags at points, but that's standard because my maps are somewhat detailed because I like those types of maps. But I reccomend it! Heck, if you want to see my progress on my new map, Woodiea, here is the thread.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=50752

Thank you!
    Sounds good! If it's making your creation easier than I'd say that is worth it, even with the occasional lag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12