Thread: Patamei World Atlas - Legend

Guild Apprentice

Post Patamei World Atlas - Legend

Hi all,

This post is mostly for reference, as I'll be updating and posting further pages for my setting, Patamei, and the pages that comprise the Atlas I'm making for it. I've already posted about one of the countries, the Kingdom of Daimeremos and one of the pieces of feedback was that it needed a legend. Since the legend is for an atlas, it's separate to the map itself, and it took me longer than I'd have liked to get up and actually pull it together. I've finished it now and present it here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conventional Signs.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	133250

It's shamelessly stolen from the Pergamon World Atlas, my primary inspiration. For those who don't know, the Pergamon Atlas is the English-language Atlas Świata published by the Polish Army Topography Service at the height of the Cold War. My atlas is essentially the answer to the (unasked) question: what if the Polish Army landed in my fantasy world and were hired to recreate their atlas, but for Patamei?

You'll see I've added in a few fantasy elements as well, and of course changes all the place names. If you're interested in what's happening with the atlas right now, I'm working on a new page for the Kingdom of Enisti and Praetor.

I hope you enjoy my little hobby!
    Last edited by patamei; 04-17-2022 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Typos...

Very nice and clean. Great work.