Thread: Hello I'm new and also scared...

Default Hello I'm new and also scared...

Hello friends!

I'm Rob and I'm new here and haven't been active on a forum since the early 2000s so this is all scary for me :O

I'm a freelance illustrator and cartographer who is currently trying to make a living off the maps I make.

I'm excited to share my work with you all and see what everyone else is working on!

Welcome to the guild. You will be in a fine company of other Rob's here.

Welcome to the Guild Rob, I’m glad you decided to join us! Nothing to be afraid of though, forums really haven’t changed much since that time .

- Josh

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Welcome Rob! Looking forward to seeing some of your maps!

This is one of the only places left on the internet that is exactly the same as it was in the 2000s. EXACTLY. THE. SAME. Just lower activity because the younger people of the internet have trouble with websites that don't helpfully tell them what they should look at and feed it in a streamless, endless, doom-scrolling fashion. But yeah, you'll love it, it's 2009 all over again here. Post your maps!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    This is one of the only places left on the internet that is exactly the same as it was in the 2000s. EXACTLY. THE. SAME.
    Right down to the brown background.

Seriously, though, the worst that will happen is talentless hacks will offer opinions that may not be as helpful as you like. Or make tasteless jokes in your thread about unrelated subjects aimed at other users.

Impoliteness is generally squashed pretty quickly and persistently toxic folks get banned, so don't worry about that kind of thing here. Post away! You'll probably get useful feedback!

Blog Entries

I quite like the brown ! Its very restful on the eyes after doom scrolling loads of white on many other websites. This website is a corner of the web that barricades itself off and whilst we have a lot of toxic people turn up they dont make it past the 5 post moderation phase. So appologies for having that but its what keeps us all sane here. Why fantasy mappers are more polite than everyone else I cannot answer. It could be that the site is predominantly involved with creating your own art instead of posting up memes and tiktok style mashups based on other peoples art. You actually get to chat with the people who made that nice thing your looking at. Therefore your art does the talking and we have a sort of genuine meritocracy here instead of loudest and most extreme voice heard. And art is a universal language and we have lots of countries participating and many language speakers with varied views on the world.

I am not sure I agree with the jokes aimed at other users. That would be moderated quite quickly and I can only think of one instance where someone had to be put on the naughty step and that was a good few years back. And we have only ever banned about 2 or 3 people who were not obvious spammers and they got plenty of warning. So if everyone just stays clear of topics that are political or inflamatory and willfully insult other users or their art then it stays a nice easy comfy place to hang out. Somehow we seem to sit inbetween being too small to be lost and too large to attract all the issues of the modern web.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I am not sure I agree with the jokes aimed at other users.
    That's usually just me...

I’m glad you decided to join us! Nothing to be afraid of though, forums really haven’t changed much since that time .

I’m glad you decided to join us! Nothing to be afraid of though, forums really haven’t changed much since that time .

192.168 ll
    panorama charter com