Thread: Existing map recommendations for a roleplaying game: Fate / Almbrecht After Dark

Default Existing map recommendations for a roleplaying game: Fate / Almbrecht After Dark

If this is not the right place to make this request, please let me know. I don't think I could afford to commission a map, so I'm hoping for recommendations for existing maps that are either unlabelled, or have enough space to easily add labels. I'm looking for a map of a city, and of a continent or a large part of one where that city might be, for a tabletop role-playing game, using the "Almbrecht After Dark" setting for Fate.

It's a low-fantasy, low-magic setting, and the setting details imply a loose resemblance to central Europe in the early 19th century. The city, Almbrecht, is on a river, the Alm, and is also a port on a sea or ocean. Almbrecht is industrialized, and of substantial size, but at least a few other cities are larger. It was once the capital of a small kingdom, but was absorbed by an expanding empire. That empire is currently in a civil war, and communication between Almbrecht and the capital is difficult. This suggests to me that Almbrecht is near a natural border of some that limits travel overland, and that there's either no direct route by water to the capital, or it's a long route.

I don't necessarily need a lot of detail; just something that's suggestive for narrative purposes.

Try searching Google. You can find loads of maps there.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDA View Post
    Try searching Google. You can find loads of maps there.
    I can find lots of maps on Google. I can find lots of good maps here -- an overwhelming number. That's part of why I was asking for recommendations.

Lots of people sell unlabelled maps cheaply for use like this. I have a continent / half of a world that might suit you for $5, unlabelled and labeled. https://marketplace.roll20.net/brows...graphy-markers

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

If you're looking for a personalized map, on the cheap, let me know. I make maps on inkarnate for a pretty low price since its just a hobby for me.

Feel free to message me on discord at Alakrit#7222