My team is making a mixed app+tabletop game, and we need a User Interface artist. For this game, making the UI look like map would work really well, so I'm looking for an artist with cartography experience for the job.

This is a part-time freelance job. If you have full-time available for a month or two at the start, that's ideal, while we catch the UI up to where the code and the rest of the art is.

About the Game
  • It's a tabletop skirmish game, similar to Frostgrave, Necromunda, etc.
  • The players play the game with physical figurines on a real-world table, and the app handles everything else: dice, cards, rulebooks, etc.
  • The setting is early-renaissance, low-fantasy. Magic is rare and dangerous; monsters likewise.

Our ideal artist
  • You're skilled in digital painting tools, e.g. Photoshop, and are comfortable doing your work from scratch.
  • Realistic-for-15th century is a style you'd be happy to do. i.e. Late Medieval/Early Renaissance era maps.
  • You're up for some revisions as we say things like, "Cool, but can you make this part tile-able?"
  • Your part would be making the art for the app interfaces: Buttons, window-frames, backgrounds, menus, etc, that have a consistent style, and that style is "like a map".

Sound interesting? You have availability? I want to see your work. Link me, please!