Thread: Citadel of the Eternal Throne

Map Citadel of the Eternal Throne

I finished it!
    This is by far my most intricate map, and so far my favorite. To illustrate, whoever loosely, Heaven and My future home with God and Jesus, my savior, is amazing.
    Note: This is MY fictional representation of Heaven. I took elements of Heaven, the Millennial Kingdom, the New Jerusalem, the New Heavens and the New Earth as described in the Bible, plus a few locations of my own and meshed them together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Citadel of the Eternal Throne.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	133460

Read my blog post about how I made it and what it all means: https://elderlycartographer.wixsite....eternal-throne

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CotET 2.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	825.9 KB 
ID:	133461
    0 – The Eternal Throne:
    Rev 4:3,5,6 – ...and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald… And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices… Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal.

1 – Manor of the 24 Elders:
    Rev 4:4 – Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.
    The Manor is my contribution.

2 – Mansions of the Saints:
    John 14:2-3 – (Jesus Speaking) In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Dear fellow Guild Members,
    The day is drawing near when Jesus will snatch away those that put their faith in Him then allow the world to descend into anarchy and terrible judgment for their rejection of Him. He said signs of the End Times are major deception, wars and rumors of impending wars, plagues, earthquakes, famines, apostate churches, and more.

Proof of these Signs on the horizon: (These are not new to the earth, but they are happening frequently and globally.) Covid swept the ENTIRE globe, and its variants continue to spread. Major deception is broadcast on all media platforms. Earthquakes are happening in places that normally don't have them. Many nations are at war, including Ukraine and Russia, and many people predict a major famine for the world since Ukraine in the foremost exporter of grain and fertilizers. No fertilizers means less crops world-wide. Churches of any denomination have fallen away from the faith. I warn you, just because there is a cross on the steeple doesn't mean they are true bible believers. Polls show that ~94% of America's church-goers are not true Christians but pew-potatoes, hanging around because it feels good.

None of us are righteous and we are separated from God and eternal life. Before us is eternity in Hell. But Jesus died in our place, so that if we accept His gift of salvation, we will be rejoined to God. And I don't mean just BELIEVE in Christ, even demons believe Christ is the Son of God and they aren't saved. You have to accept Him as your savior and repent of your sins.

You do not have the promise of tomorrow, you may die in the very next hour in a variety of plausible ways. Ask yourself if you are ready to meet God. Are you willing to gamble your eternity away?

I pray, you will listen to God calling your name. He calls to you like a good father calls to his wayward children, beckoning you to return home, to his love, and to eternal life!

Sincerely,
    Josiah, The Elderly Cartographer

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Guild Member FantasyMapmakingCo.'s Avatar

Oh... My... Gosh!!!!!!!!! That is all I can say, the map is absolutely incredible!!! The level of detail is out of this world. Amazing job Elderly Cartographer.
    Fantasy Mapmaking Co.
    Hand drawn and leather maps
    If you would like to commission a map please visit my website, here.

It's indeed an impressive work to be proud of! Both the city and the frame are really well done.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really cool map! I really like all of the symbolism and scripture inclusions. It really personalizes the map.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyMapmakingCo. View Post
    Oh... My... Gosh!!!!!!!!! That is all I can say, the map is absolutely incredible!!! The level of detail is out of this world. Amazing job Elderly Cartographer.
    Thank you. It took a long time to complete. The longest part was just figuring out what I was going to put in the spaces. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's indeed an impressive work to be proud of! Both the city and the frame are really well done.
    Thank you. I was really wanting to draw something much more intricate than I normally do; augment my abilities, so to speak. Much like your work, MistyBeee's, Francesca Baerald's, and the other greats who inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really cool map! I really like all of the symbolism and scripture inclusions. It really personalizes the map.
    Thanks. I was wanting to create a grand citadel, but what greater location is there than Heaven? More specifically, the Biblical heaven which is real. And I will see one day, when I die or when Christ call His own home.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt