Thread: Neogea Planetary View

Map Neogea Planetary View

And here's the new version of Neogea. I had to redo a higher resolution version of the map itself.
    I had some troubles with the topo map, but decided to go with this version (not completely happy with it though, bit it does the job I suppose).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neogea PV.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	5.26 MB 
ID:	133547

Hope you'll like it.
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 05-26-2022 at 12:01 PM. Reason: minor corrections

Wow, that's very nice! Thank you for sharing. If I had to give any suggestions, I'd say that the planet surface seems a bit, well, distant, perhaps with some atmospheric haze or something. The terrain doesn't "pop" for me. Maybe upping the brightness/sharpness/contrast would make it more... tangible? If that helps. But that doesn't make the piece less enjoyable, I can see you've put a lot of time into it.

Guild Member FantasyMapmakingCo.'s Avatar

Great job! Time and time again, you are astounding every time these maps come out beautiful.
    Fantasy Mapmaking Co.
    Hand drawn and leather maps
    If you would like to commission a map please visit my website, here.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyMapmakingCo. View Post
    Great job! Time and time again, you are astounding every time these maps come out beautiful.
    Well, thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Wow, that's very nice! Thank you for sharing. If I had to give any suggestions, I'd say that the planet surface seems a bit, well, distant, perhaps with some atmospheric haze or something. The terrain doesn't "pop" for me. Maybe upping the brightness/sharpness/contrast would make it more... tangible? If that helps. But that doesn't make the piece less enjoyable, I can see you've put a lot of time into it.
    Sorry Baron, I somehow managed to miss your post. Thanks a lot ! Well, I posted the old versions, so... why not the new ones?
    Also, thanks for your view about the terrain. Well, it's hard to work on because I just mashed up some satellite pictures, and the land does look quite "flat" this way. I managed more "snowy mountains" on other planets/moons and probably won't rework (again) Neogea at this point, but I keep in mind this for the next planets I'll have to rework .

Awesome job. This series of maps always looks like from some Sci-Fi game. All the details and information! Top-notch.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Awesome job. This series of maps always looks like from some Sci-Fi game. All the details and information! Top-notch.
    Thanks a lot Rafal !