Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hi my name is Pedro, I'm a Computer and Information Engineering (and Maths) student from Brasil.

I'm very interested in cartography from a differential geometric perspective but also because of my work on generative design applied to architecture and urbanism.

Appart from this, I expect to have fun here and appreciate more of the great work I've seen so far

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Hi Pedro and welcome to the guild.

Is the generative bit as in adversarial networks or something else ? Some of us are interested in that kind of thing. I did a test with trying to make a map of a village via modelling it and progressing it via economics which was interesting and something I wish I had more time to have a second go at.

Adversarial networks are part of it, of course, but there are many other interesting and more touchable techniques around. I'm usually not able to really grasp what's going on with neural networks most of the time, even though they work pretty well if you have enough computer power available!

Modelling economics for map generation and expansion is really thrilling! Any ideas on which topics to look for?

Another thing I'm interested to are vector graphics, mainly SVG. I'm currently building a tool for colouring places someone has been to in a SVG world map, by providing a list of city names. It is almost done, but I'm having trouble finding sources with reliable projections that match the formulae. Wikimedia common's seem good but lacks some info which makes tackling distortions not very tasty...

Anyway, thanks for your reply!