Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you world build? And if so would you mind sharing about your world?

Discuss Do you world build? And if so would you mind sharing about your world?

I just wanted to see all of you guys' cool worlds, and their interesting stories!

Discuss

I am making a steampunky world with 3 continents, each populated by a different main species (humans, orks and tabaxi), and economics based on airship travel and trade.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

My world, Orlos, is a high fantasy setting (though there is a small corner of steampunk-ish stuff powered by the crystalized souls of the elder races - too bad my players just destroyed the entire city it is based around and released an infectious fungus there. At least it is a cool ruin now ). I only really have a single continent being developed at the moment as all the games I have run are in this region. I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to organize everything and maintain my own inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    My world, Orlos, is a high fantasy setting (though there is a small corner of steampunk-ish stuff powered by the crystalized souls of the elder races - too bad my players just destroyed the entire city it is based around and released an infectious fungus there. At least it is a cool ruin now ). I only really have a single continent being developed at the moment as all the games I have run are in this region. I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to organize everything and maintain my own inspiration.
    This actually sounds really cool!!! I'm gonna look around your WA page!

Quote Originally Posted by issue_agreeable View Post
    I am making a steampunky world with 3 continents, each populated by a different main species (humans, orks and tabaxi), and economics based on airship travel and trade.
    I love steampunk!!! Look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I absolutely LOVE your map! It's so detailed and I love the decorations!

Well I published the Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) from 2010 - 2017, a ghost story feudal Japan analog. I actually started working on it, while an active member of the CG. Altogether are a Gamemaster's Guide to Kaidan, a Player's Guide to Kaidan, an intro trilogy of modules (5-7) called The Curse of the Golden Spear (The Gift, Dim Spirit, and Dark Path). Also are 4 one-shot modules, one of which I wrote called Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House. There are 3 racial/class guides for Tengu, Kappa and Henge. There are 2 class faction guides, one for Samurai and one for Yakuza. Finally a haunts guide for ghostly encounters.

I am currently working on a multi-star system, interstellar setting for Starfinder RPG, that I publish as Starfinder Compatible content. Rather than creating some massive tome of this vast setting, I am instead creating a 40 page Overview Guide of the entire setting, then 30 - 60 page Mini Setting Guides, one star system at a time. Posted below are my concept cover designs for the entire line as is planned for now - though I do plan to create many more...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-gamer-printshop-lineup.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	133590
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Well I published the Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) from 2010 - 2017, a ghost story feudal Japan analog. I actually started working on it, while an active member of the CG. Altogether are a Gamemaster's Guide to Kaidan, a Player's Guide to Kaidan, an intro trilogy of modules (5-7) called The Curse of the Golden Spear (The Gift, Dim Spirit, and Dark Path). Also are 4 one-shot modules, one of which I wrote called Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House. There are 3 racial/class guides for Tengu, Kappa and Henge. There are 2 class faction guides, one for Samurai and one for Yakuza. Finally a haunts guide for ghostly encounters.

I am currently working on a multi-star system, interstellar setting for Starfinder RPG, that I publish as Starfinder Compatible content. Rather than creating some massive tome of this vast setting, I am instead creating a 40 page Overview Guide of the entire setting, then 30 - 60 page Mini Setting Guides, one star system at a time. Posted below are my concept cover designs for the entire line as is planned for now - though I do plan to create many more...

GP

Gosh, you've been busy! Jokes aside it does look very interesting!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikahchew View Post
    I absolutely LOVE your map! It's so detailed and I love the decorations!
    Thank you! It is still a slight WIP but I wanted a center piece for the page

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post

GP

Your Kaidan setting looks really cool! Based on the general description it sounds a lot like the curse of Strahd setting. You put a lot of work in there for sure!

I actually just made my first map in the setting, it's a region in the western part of the human continent:

Name:	watercolor map 1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	133649
    First coloured map! (cartographersguild.com)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast