Thread: What methods do you use to take notes for worldbuilding?

Default What methods do you use to take notes for worldbuilding?

Personally I use Kanka.io, how about oyu?

I like Kanka for when I have the final details sorted out but I usually work out of a Google slides for anything current and brainstorming. Not a lot of people use it for this but Google slides is really great for moving pictures around (compared to docs) and putting text wherever I want. Cropping is also really easy as well as tables. I've made whole homebrew documents in the style of DND books using slides with relative ease.

Has anyone tried using Foundry VTT for this purpose? Especially with Monk's Journal module it would seem to me to be very useful. PErsonally I do everything on paper and then type it up in computer documents and then stuff them in various folders. This obviously has draw backs.

I looked at using Foundry, but I kinda thought it had a pretty big paywall, which is why i swapped from world anvil to kanka
    World builder and Cartographer
    Soturi, my world

Foundry is a VTT so I have it for that purpose, in which case the paywall is comparatively very low to other VTT's, but if you were just buying it to organize something I agree it is too high. I was more just wondering if anyone had used it for that purpose in addition to what they actually bought it for (running games online).

Incidentally there is a module that allows you to integrate your World Anvil material into Foundry and apparently someone made one for Kanaka too. I have no idea how good either of these modules work though.