Thread: Commission 10 Maps for Full DnD Campaign Book

Help Commission 10 Maps for Full DnD Campaign Book

My project partner and I are looking to commission 10 maps of various sizes and complexities for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign book that we plan to sell on the DMsGuild. The maps span from a whole island map, to a town map, to dungeon maps. The first attachment is an example page of our book so far (we are still in the process of refining it). The second attachment is an example of where your map would go. We are willing to pay for your work, and we are willing to work with you on a price. If you are interested and would like to talk further, you can reply here on this post or email me directly at ckoizumi5@gmail.com. We do not have access to private messaging system of the Cartographer's Guild yet because of the 5 post requirement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Labyrinth8.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	133592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Labyrinth5.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	133593
    Last edited by DreadrockIsle; 06-01-2022 at 11:28 PM.

It will be easy for you to get the 5 posts by replying to comments on this thread or leaving comments on some people's maps to get a sense of the artists of the guild! But email works too.

So would you say most of these ten maps you want are half sized page illustrations of dungeon maps? Would the town map be a larger two page spread? Most of us charge based on the size of a map. If your writing is mostly done and ready to go, it'll probably be faster if you spread the work out among a few cartographers... one person doing towns, one person doing the island, one person doing the dungeons... etc.

Are you looking to pay a per piece rate and / or a % of sales?

Anyway, I'd be interested in doing the island map. Maybe a town map. Probably not the dungeons. Here's some random maps I've created, of course you can see more at my website: Feed the Multiverse fantasy maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joseph-new position for rift 1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	133595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Love Skon small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	133596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ian world map small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	133597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The City of Empyrean Souls small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	133598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bonerose small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	133599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noros-map 3 watermarked.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	633.8 KB 
ID:	133600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cam baker gennmatos 6 small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	664.2 KB 
ID:	133601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esharracreatures.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	321.8 KB 
ID:	133602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sashawatermarked.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	133603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hymarmapartfinaltextsmall-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	585.2 KB 
ID:	133604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mitch-corinth-known world-lowreswatermarked.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	833.5 KB 
ID:	133605

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks for the suggestions. We really appreciate it.

The island map would be a full page, and there are 3 half-page town maps. The rest are dungeon maps that are mostly half-pages as well, but one or two of them may be a quarter page (I'm thinking of one specifically that is a tavern map). We have a lot of the writing and art done, but there is still work to do. We're probably looking at a 2 - 4 month period. My partner does the art and I do the writing. Having worked together through this process, I recognize the need for collaboration while respecting the artist's process. We can be as involved or as hands off as needed, as long as the end result meets our needs.

We would like the copyright of the maps, but the artist can use it for their purposes after the product is on sale. We will pay per piece, and again, the price is negotiable.

Guild Journeyer

Hello, I've sent you an e-mail! CHEERS!