Thread: Map of Al'Hana, a homebrew D&D World.

Wip Map of Al'Hana, a homebrew D&D World.

This is maybe my third map I have ever made, so please give me as much criticism as possible.
    The black lines represent national borders, and the transparent ones represent rivers.
    Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al'Hana.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	133623
    Last edited by JAHNS; 06-03-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey, welcome to the Guild, JAHNS.

I'm assuming the dark solid lines are national borders, and the lighter ones with the dashes are rivers? If so, your rivers have some inconsistencies/improbabilities. Lakes or seas almost never have more than one egress river; water always seeks the path of least resistance, so even if there is more than one river leading out (maybe caused by an earthquake or other natural event), eventually all but one of those rivers will silt over unless it's kept open artificially somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hey, welcome to the Guild, JAHNS.

I'm assuming the dark solid lines are national borders, and the lighter ones with the dashes are rivers? If so, your rivers have some inconsistencies/improbabilities. Lakes or seas almost never have more than one egress river; water always seeks the path of least resistance, so even if there is more than one river leading out (maybe caused by an earthquake or other natural event), eventually all but one of those rivers will silt over unless it's kept open artificially somehow.
    Oh awesome! I did not know that.
    I'll fix that right away. Thank you!