Thread: [Spelljammer] Dwarven Citadel - Neldohr

Wip [Spelljammer] Dwarven Citadel - Neldohr

First official from the ground up (and down) map for me.

For those unfamiliar with Spelljammer, Dwarven Citadels are small asteroids taken over dwarves and turned into Mines/Forges/Fortresses for the clan. The clan will eventually abandon the citadel for another asteroid or to split the clan leaving it an empty asteroid fortress pirate ready.

The Gravity Plane is a key feature, delineated by the Solid Gray regions. F1 and B1 effectively share the same floor and are on opposite sides of the gravity plane (the direction for up switches as you cross the gravity plane). So all the "F" floors are standard gravity, but the "B" floors are reversed.

I am currently using a pixel editor, Paint. I think I like the B1 design more, with the walls a little more defined and the white grid in the light sections and the darker grid in the stone sections. Let me know If you have any suggestions.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...6&d=1654650025
    Last edited by Anghammarand; 06-07-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Wip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tex_DwfCitadel_F1_v2.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	133647

Not in an Album. But I updated Floor 1 to match the style of B1. I also indicated the Trap door in the ceiling with similar colors to the rest of the map.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Very nice.

Is Neldohr a canon Dwarven Citadel or something you created yourself?
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post

Is Neldohr a canon Dwarven Citadel or something you created yourself?
    Sadly, it has no canonical basis, I merely read the entry of the Dwarven Citadel and thought, "I wonder what maps exist." Sadly, full dwarven fortresses are sufficiently few and far between, but it is especially rare to find anything Asteroid related. So I build it myself. It is primarily a train of thought build. and currently lacks room descriptions. But the philosophy of the dwarven clan is hopefully apparent: fortifications first, and mine out the rest later. The upper and lower towers built for weapon placements. A Mosquito should be able to land on the battlements of the keep, or line up with the gravity plane dock. It can be carved in the shape of a Dwarf face and beard if they are that far along.

Hopefully, I'll get it more detailed in the future.