Thread: Posts not Showing up after Submitted

Help Posts not Showing up after Submitted

I have posted on the forum half a dozen times and only a pair of my posts showed up, despite getting the "Thank you for submitting" message.

I assumed they may be waiting for a Moderator to approve them before they show up. My actual map new topic post seems to have shown up without a problem, but my update to it appears to not have popped up. Perhaps there is just something wrong with my connection or account and it is just failing to upload.

Thanks,
    Ang

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

It is likely that they were waiting for moderator approval - and I believe that they have been quite busy of late - but hopefully they will get through soon!

Once you reach 5 approved posts though (and you're at 4) you wont need the moderators approval so things should run more smoothly from that point.

Blog Entries

I can see the other post in moderation by clicking on other posts by Anghammarand and its also in the mod list pages but its not showing up as an item in the list of posts that have a post with moderation on it which is the one I use to approve them. If I click on latest posts then I see them going back to 10am yesterday but there is a post at 12pm yesterday that needs approval that is not listed. And I dont know why that is.

I'll approve all the mod posts now but I need to ask about this. Thanks for bringing it up for attention.

Edit: Now that I have approved it then its now showing in the latest posts. Thats a bit odd. I reckon thats a bug in the forum code.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-07-2022 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I can see the other post in moderation by clicking on other posts by Anghammarand and its also in the mod list pages but its not showing up as an item in the list of posts that have a post with moderation on it which is the one I use to approve them. If I click on latest posts then I see them going back to 10am yesterday but there is a post at 12pm yesterday that needs approval that is not listed. And I dont know why that is.

I'll approve all the mod posts now but I need to ask about this. Thanks for bringing it up for attention.

Edit: Now that I have approved it then its now showing in the latest posts. Thats a bit odd. I reckon thats a bug in the forum code.

Thanks for looking into this! I was getting concerned there might be something wrong on my end.

When I am no longer a Guild Applicant, Will I no longer need to enter the KAPTCHA image verification?

Blog Entries

No, all your posts will go straight through now. The initial applicant stage is a pain but it really cuts down on the sign up for spam since they cant immediately start throwing out junk posts and have to do at least a bit of work to get through the 5 posts. We have people try the useless 5 posts and we have had people just copy posts from old threads which doesn't make sense in context too. And we have a method to detect people posting an sensible intro post and then editing it later to add some spam - not that people will actually look at posts like that. So do use that triangle icon on the bottom of really odd posts if you think so and it gets reviewed.

Default titles? dont know em

One thing I wanted to ask-- any way to see currently pending requests?