Thread: Historical Map for a future Youtube Channel

Post Historical Map for a future Youtube Channel

Hello,

I'm planning on creating a Youtube Channel in the near future revolving around various historical figures and topics. I wanted to include good political maps to better convey information and to animate over (in a similar style to channels such as Kings and Generals, HistoryMarche, Knowledgia etc.). Unfortunately, my drawing and editing skills are non-existent, so I'm looking to commission some maps for my first attempt at a video, which will focus on Polish king Stephen Bathory.

Subject:
    A Political Map of Central/Eastern Europe in the year 1569, centered on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth but large enough to also depict Livonia. the Balkans, the divisions of Hungary, Russia up to the Urals, and enough of the HRE to depict the whole of Habsburg Austria.

Style
    The HistoryMarche vid below has the style I'm looking for- political boundaries with cities and towns depicted. I would like the borders to be sharper.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqB9MvSf1eY&t=1s

Technical/Quality
    Vector-based, can be easy to edit in Photoshop and After-effects. Full color, can be zoomed-in without losing quality.

Copyright
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Deadline
    Flexible. This channel is a bit of a on-and-off project since I have a lot of other things going on, so for now let's do mid-July and make any changes or postponements as time goes on.

Payment
    I can start at $100, payable via Venmo.

Contact
    krystiang1999_at_gmail.com
    Use Subject Line: Poland-Lithuania 1569 Map

If I'm happy with the map and decide to make more videos, I may come back for future commissions.

Eowyn Cypher on the Guild is good with vector mapmaking! I'd recommend her. https://eowyncwper.com/en/ Probably won't be able to use Venmo though because I think she's from France.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

If you're looking for a more sketch-wise map, you could take a look at my hand-drawn stuff. I can customize the terrain to be more top-down, as it's something I've been experimenting with, and it sounds like my kinda project! I know my way around vector maps, just haven't gotten an example yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Example of hand-drawn:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wzzvpfh64kg91.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	359.1 KB 
ID:	134156

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Scelus Sceleris's Avatar

I have a YouTube channel about European medieval history, and I faced similar challenges when I needed a map for the Hundred Years' War. Finding the right map can be tough, especially if you want it to be detailed and accurate for animation purposes. In my case, I ended up commissioning a custom map to get exactly what I needed. For editing and animating the map, I used Movavi. It was helpful because it's user-friendly and supports various file types, making it easy to work with vector-based maps. This software made it possible to add dynamic elements to the map, enhancing the storytelling in my videos. For professional video editing tools, check out https://www.movavi.com/learning-port...-software.html.
    Last edited by Scelus Sceleris; 04-18-2024 at 04:59 AM.