Thread: The Barrow

Default The Barrow

I have returned after a long absence! (please hold the applause... those applauding crickets are acceptable, however.)

Meanwhile, For everyone else that doesn't know me (which, after being gone so long, is probably literally everyone): I have been drawing old-school maps since the 1980's and my favorite medium is black-and-white pen-and-ink. As a draftsman I also create some designs with CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) and during my hiatus, I have begun to become proficient with digital art using Clip Studio Paint in order to edit and modify my hand drawings. I have recently discovered how to import my CAD work so I can improve the appearance of those designs as well.

This map is of a barrow tomb. The description is kept simple since I design my maps with the intent for them to be as universal as possible, allowing the GM to determine the actual purpose, state of repair, what furnishings to add, and to populate it as they see fit. This particular map was drawn on standard graph paper using a light pencil to sketch, Micron art pens for lines, and Clip Studio Paint for shading and text (except for the text that is my own handwriting). Link in my signature if you'd like more info.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA001 THE BARROW.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	339.7 KB 
ID:	133814
    Last edited by psyekl; 06-30-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."