Thread: Waytemple and Cave Sanctuary

Default Waytemple and Cave Sanctuary

I was just perusing Dyson Logos' "On the Drawing of Maps" https://dysonlogos.blog/2014/07/27/o...awing-of-maps/ and came across where he mentions: "Most of my maps are drawn straight in pen in a single draft." - I have known artists that do this and admit I am envious. I had a friend who could draw the most amazing 3D art with a cheap ballpoint pen. I have never mastered this, however. My art instruction always had me sketch or "rough out" my work beforehand, and architectural training requires laying out of rooms and traffic patterns, etc. before anything can begin so I never trained myself to be that spontaneous. I guess this is how DL manages to be so amazingly productive! If you get a chance, watch him draw on YouTube, I consider the man one of my inspirations for getting back to work.

This map was sketched first in pencil on standard graph paper, with rough circles or ovals representing the general locations of the caves and rooms, with lines connecting them to represent connecting passages. By doing this I get a rough idea of how I want my map to look before sketching the actual shape and refining from there. Inking is done with Micron art pens and shading and digital text is completed digitally using Clip Studio Paint after the art has been scanned in. Visit the link in my signature for more info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR002 WAYTEMPLE CAVE SANCTUARY.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	710.5 KB 
ID:	133815  
    Last edited by psyekl; 06-28-2022 at 11:02 PM.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."