Thread: Malazan: Western Area to Seven Cities

Default Malazan: Western Area to Seven Cities

Hi All,

This map follows the styling of my other Malazan work. I took the initial drawing Steven Erikson made of the Malazan world and created this map. I took some liberties, but the final other Malazan maps from the books differ from Erikson's original map as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malazan-07-west-continent-jp.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	133837

Here you can see see how it fits into the Malazan world

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malazan-world-jb.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	133838

You can take a look here on my ArtStation page. There you can get full size prints of my Malazan maps (color versions). I made refinements over time to my other maps as well.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! I am currently reading the series so seeing map is extra incentive to read faster (not that I really need that with how quickly I have finished the first six!). I don't recognize any of the cities listed there though so I don't think I have gotten to this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great map! I am currently reading the series so seeing map is extra incentive to read faster (not that I really need that with how quickly I have finished the first six!). I don't recognize any of the cities listed there though so I don't think I have gotten to this part.
    Thanks for the comments! This map is particularly interesting because it is referred to some, but there isn't a lot of activity. Mainly the Bonehunters meet the Perish there in the 6th book. The rest of the map ideas came from Erikson's original map. I made some creative decisions. Thanks again.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Crisp and clean colors, and the water has alot of character. Very nice!