Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** July 2022 Challenge: Random Fantasy Generator ***

Default *** July 2022 Challenge: Random Fantasy Generator ***

For this month I thought we'd bring back a popular one again: the random fantasy generator map! I hope Diamond will excuse me for borrowing some of his words from the previous brief from when we last did this...

Here's how it goes. To start, visit this generator here: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/random/#type=location

Leave the settings just like they are, and generate a list of 10 locations. First results shown don't have to count, since you automatically generate a list just clicking the link.
    You can only pick one location from that list, and you can only generate ONE list (besides the one that's made clicking the link).

Other than that small requirement, it's all up to you. Interpret your selection however you want, map it however you want - the voters, in their wisdom, will decide the winner. You can map as much or as little as you want, but your map must contain AT MINIMUM the prompt you chose. If my topic is "A mysterious bridge in an Elven city", I'd have to map at least the bridge, but could also choose to map the entire city around it. An exception is that if you choose one of the Plane/World selections, you don't have to map the entire thing; you can just do a representative part of it, like a regional map.

As always, remember to title your thread like so: July 2022 Challenge: *your title here*
    And always remember to put the ### Latest WIP ### tag in front of your work-in-progress pics, so the image scraper can find your map properly.

The challenge will run until the 31st of July.
    Now go forth and create!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Haha, this is the one I was going to run if you didn't.

What can I say? A classic is a classic

No my first description is gone because my ipad was low on battery and I didn’t get to copy it…

It went sth like “The plain of Beli is a country filled with skulls, smoke and fire. It’s mostly inhabited by equill and devils. In Beli the inhabitants fight the threat of a demon invasion.” It’s not this word by word, but… may I still use it? Cause it is really inspiring… and I’d hate to have to pick something else.

I'd say you're okay. Kell?

Yeah, go for it.

This challenge is really cool. My first challenge here was this one, let's see if I can do this one again.

Go for it! This is always one of the most popular themes, and I love to see all the different ideas.

Hi there Kell,

It has been a minute since I've done anything art related at all so this might be a good chance to start again.

Quick clarification though, you're not allowed to combine prompts, correct? For instance I got "an island of ice rises above the waves" and "somewhere in the sea of ghosts". I would not be allowed to create an island of ice in the sea of ghosts?

Cheers,
    Sam

I don't see any reason why you couldn't combine too prompst, as long as they are from the first generated list. Your example sounds like a really cool idea, and that ultimately is what the challenge is all about - getting inspiration from the generated prompts. Include as many from that list as you want, all of them if you like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast