Thread: A big village or a small town, my first digital map

Post A big village or a small town, my first digital map

I'd like to share my first digital map. Looking forward to any opinion.
    ALthough I'm still not happy with bushes. Probably I will remake them later.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220711-163356_ArtFlow.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	133912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220711-163433_ArtFlow.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,022.3 KB 
ID:	133913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220711-163921_ArtFlow.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	133914

Looks like a great map. Very well done! Although I do wish it was wide enough to fit in more room on the left and right edges, it looks very cropped like this.

What's up with the flat white circle in the corner? And the scribbled circle in the water near the right edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Looks like a great map. Very well done! Although I do wish it was wide enough to fit in more room on the left and right edges, it looks very cropped like this.

What's up with the flat white circle in the corner? And the scribbled circle in the water near the right edge?
    Thank you for such a detail review. The artefacts you mentioned are redundant indeed.

Oh I marked the sun with the scribbled circle and foggot to hide it. And circle in the corner is from application I draw.

I agree that I would adjust the crop and give it a little more breathing room particularly on the upper left side. Just barely cutting off the land is causing a visual tangent, which is drawing my eye.

Overall though I do like the layout and the way you drew all the features. The color and shading on the trees is a bit too soft for my taste which is causing it to look digital, but other than that I like it.

- Josh

I do agree that the bushes look a little more... sketched in? than the rest of the map. I'm personally also interested in the bridge >_> it looks like you specifically cropped it not to show it, is there a specific reason for that?