Thread: STAR WARS > SHIPS > CEC YT-1500LT Courier-Class Shuttle

Default STAR WARS > SHIPS > CEC YT-1500LT Courier-Class Shuttle

So, my daughter and gf bricked my MacBook Pro accidentally, and I had nothing backed up (naturally), so after months of waiting on Apple to return my MacBook Pro to me repaired (complete with CorelDraw crashes-to-desktop as a new feature), I'm finally working on projects again, and I chose the YT-1500LT as my first re-work as this is my own design and one I'm quite fond of. I didn't add the notches in the armor plating, and may not, yet. The engines are still a bit off in perspective. I've attempted to add a plane on the inside surfaces of the sides of the engines to correct the angle, but still not entirely sure it appears correct.

The salon pod is also now detchable! Yay! Except, no descriptors, yet. I'm still working on it, though. The interior is being worked on currently, but I had to stop to make a bunch of random crates and boxes to use to fill in stuff, and I'm still not done making them. I'll post the boxes as a jpg in the whatchadammit forum for 3d elements and whatnot. It is available as a .cdr (2022) file via pm, just give me a small credit somewhere in the description wherever you post it, something like, "Boxes by MIIW."

The computer panels are turning out amazing, but are painstaking to build out, so they're slow-going. I'll be making other elements available such as these as well, but right now, I am trying to rebuild hundreds of hours of digital design work.

Lastly, the actual Saga Edition stat blocks and write up are available by pm as well. I'll eventually get those up here as well, but I am working my way through 200 pages of hand-written notes the size of news-print with detailed maps and more. (Yes, I am a bit OCD. lol) I have so much material for a campaign that if I posted it all here, you fine ladies and gentlemen would spend years combing through it. lol Took me about 3 years to fill that binder. So much EU goodness that I can't wait to share with you all. I have some of it up on DeviantArt, but after they did an update a while back, it completely borked my gallery so I have been slowly adding to it again.

If anyone knows how to set up templates for doing stat blocks in Libre Office or Open Office, please contact me. I've tried in Word, and I could never get it to stick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YT-1500_Courier Class.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	6.32 MB 
ID:	134061

Interior WIP

Name:	YT-1500LT_Interior.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	134009

Minus the salon Pod:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 1.18.56 PM.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	735.2 KB 
ID:	134010

Close up of auxiliary equipment:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 12.23.45 PM.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	922.0 KB 
ID:	134022

Close up of the docking ring/boarding ramp area:

Name:	Boarding Ramp.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	134012

Close up of the ring corridor:

Name:	Corrdor Ring.png 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	134013

Engines are now complete. May have overdone it a bit on the detail...lmao

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 3.21.12 AM.png 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	134030

Engineering area is now complete, including escape pod and ventral gunner turret.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 2.09.15 PM.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	134055
    Last edited by twowolves80; 08-21-2022 at 12:25 PM.

It's the thread drop you've all been secretly waiting for.

More progress on the interior, now that I have CorelDraw re-upped and my MacBook fixed.

Berths:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.36.29 PM.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	134628

Dorsal Airlock with Lift:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.37.01 PM.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	469.2 KB 
ID:	134629

Main Cargo Hold:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 2.44.06 PM.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	901.1 KB 
ID:	134630

Portside Engine Room with Cargo Lift:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 2.44.44 PM.png 
Size:	394.0 KB 
ID:	134631

Starboard Engine Room with Isu-Sim SSP09-3X Hyperdrive Core:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.50.42 PM.png 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	134632

More to come...

Main level is about done but for minor tweaking here and there as I go along, mostly having to do with the layers to try to shrink the file size.

Name:	YT-1500LT_Interior.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	134638

Mostly final, I think. I might add some more detail to the armor plates, but otherwise, I think she's good to go.

Views:	36 
Size:	6.57 MB 
ID:	135018

ID:	135019

Quote Originally Posted by twowolves80 View Post
    Mostly final, I think. I might add some more detail to the armor plates, but otherwise, I think she's good to go.

Views:	36 
Size:	6.57 MB 
ID:	135018

ID:	135019
    It looks very nice, did you invent it or its official from lore ?

This one is my own creation. Based on a question asked one day while sitting around with my buddy. I was like, Why are the docking rings on the sides of the Millennium Falcon instead of at the front like you would think would be easier to line up? Had to figure out where the cockpit would be and this looked most "organic," like a jelly fish or something, so I was like this is it. The rest was just mapping out the interior dynamics. I copied some of the greebles from the actual photos of the Millennium Falcon and various EU books. Everything about it otherwise is lore-based, though. I had to invent a few minor details, but nothing big.

This particular version is a bit beefier and more souped up, thanks to it's pilot, a Jedi-turned-smuggler who briefly worked for CEC as part of the Corellian Underground when he went dark after Order 66. I can post the write-up for it if you like. It has the d20 stat block for it, too. I can post the stock versions as well.

Posting another one of my CEC designs today.

Those creations are pretty cool , are you making those for some reason / purpouse in particular? would you allow someone to use them to model a 3d version out of the schemes?

Thanks! It was for a whole new Star Wars campaign setting that fit I painstakingly fit snugly into canon before Disney torpedoed it. It involved a secret empire of droids called the Ion Ascendancy that hid in plain sight and had a vast navy of old, rebuilt ships out in the middle of nowhere to defend themselves. It had a whole conspiracy vibe because the Ion Ascendancy owned a crap ton of front companies to do business with organics. The Jedi-turned-smuggler who owns this ship was supposed to be their first contact since they thought they could trust him more than the Empire. lol

I've also tweaked the exterior bit to make it match the interior page.

And if you would like to make a 3D version, you are welcome to--unfortunately, I'm poor and in the middle of a move across country so I regret to say I have nothing to offer. I would love to see a 3D version--just note that there is a ventral belly turret that the IG-86 sits in. Did I mention him? Bullseye? Oh, yeah, he's a regular pip. Loves watching cop holodramas and gunslinger serials when not in the turret. He's not the Ion Ascendancy plant--Andano's other droid, TC (an FA-4 pilot droid in an SP-4 analysis droid's chassis) is. How else did you think they'd know all about him? lol Also included is the ship's stat block for flavor.

Name:	YT-1500_Courier Class_Exterior.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	135337

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 12.48.56 PM.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	413.1 KB 
ID:	135338
    Last edited by twowolves80; 02-21-2023 at 01:50 PM.