Thread: The Wending Coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The Wending Coast

I haven't done a full color fantasy map in a while, so to try and get back into the mapmaking and worldbuilding groove I did this here: The Wending Coast.

I just made it up as I went along, with some stubbs of lore here and there. Like, you have horse nomads in the north west, with the barrows of their ancestors spread out over the plains they graze on. You have the Five Jewels as independent trading ports rich off trade, piracy, and the slave trade. The central forest is fiercely guarded as the homeland of the wood elves, the Spears in the west are dominated by goblin tribes, and so on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Wending Coast.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	134020

I re-used the city and town icon from an ancient map of mine; other than that it's all new.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I like the muted colors that you used here and the linework for your mountains are great.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I like the muted colors that you used here and the linework for your mountains are great.
    You have no idea how much effort it took me to stick with these colors and not use my more saturated usual style.

Amazing looking and immersive map. Made more so by the small circled pictures showing how the areas look if you were actually there. Really pulls you into the world. I also enjoy all the details like the erupting volcano, etc.
    V