Thread: Current Worldbuilding Project - Calandor

Wip Current Worldbuilding Project - Calandor

Hello there lot,

This is my project that I am currently working on. It is work in progress for more than 3-4 months and I plan to write a lot of lore for it. My end goal is to write a series of novels for Calandor and a short and long term is to
    start a D&D Campaign.

I want Calandor to be a mix of high and low fantasy, with some dark and gritty elements to the world.
    Feel free to criticize and make suggestion, ask questions about the world or the map. Cheers!

Also, I have a world anvil world page, feel free to look at it (it is mostly incomplete, only wrote the outline I would say, the names of the nations, gods and so on)
    Link here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/calandor-bungalow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calandor resized.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	134033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calandor - Nations resized.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	134034  

Pretty cool.

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

That is so beautiful and inspiring that it actually motivates me to experiment with a new style, just to spice up my maps a little. Just out of curiosity: what software have you been using to create this? It's beyond stellar!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    That is so beautiful and inspiring that it actually motivates me to experiment with a new style, just to spice up my maps a little. Just out of curiosity: what software have you been using to create this? It's beyond stellar!
    Glad to hear it. I've used photoshop with a graphic tablet and a stylus

Quote Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
    Hello there lot,

This is my project that I am currently working on. It is work in progress for more than 3-4 months and I plan to write a lot of lore for it. My end goal is to write a series of novels for Calandor and a short and long term is to
    start a D&D Campaign.

I want Calandor to be a mix of high and low fantasy, with some dark and gritty elements to the world.
    Feel free to criticize and make suggestion, ask questions about the world or the map. Cheers!

Also, I have a world anvil world page, feel free to look at it (it is mostly incomplete, only wrote the outline I would say, the names of the nations, gods and so on)
    Link here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/calandor-bungalow
    I always like to see pseudo fantasy realms with parallels to real world, I can spot the obvious Italian region of Lacoria, Spain as Galinna, Skyrimesque Sovengard I guess Vikings, The empire Germany , Clermont France, and the desert Arabia ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I always like to see pseudo fantasy realms with parallels to real world, I can spot the obvious Italian region of Lacoria, Spain as Galinna, Skyrimesque Sovengard I guess Vikings, The empire Germany , Clermont France, and the desert Arabia ...
    You have a very keen eye, sir. Yes, that is exactly the theme I am going for. Also, Tezca is inspired by the Aztec/Inca, Sefkhet by ancient Egypt and Akatia by ancient Greece.

Map

Another version that shows the territories within each nation ( each regions' rank is that of a duchy - for feudal states at least)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Political Map resized.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	134204