Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yerindor (WIP)

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Default Yerindor (WIP)

It has definitely been a while since I have sat down and worked on this world. I reworked the currents, and wiped all topography clean. I decided to flip the Coriolis Effect, and I like the results I got. As for the neutral currents, This is for climate placement, and reference. I will eventually create a final draft of the currents, with the neutral currents. I have made many changes, and even added a new tectonic plate. The world will be constantly evolving, but will be awesome when finished.

Let me know what you think of the newest versions of Yerindor. Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yerindor November 2020 Ocean Currents.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	126432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yerindor Continents-Oceans Map-1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	126433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yerindor November Tectonic Plates 2020-1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	126434

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I really like your continental shapes a lot! Well done! I'd love to know more about the world and its history and lore, if you have that and care to share.
    Is this a fantasy world or more modern? Tell us about it.

And i'd love to see a terrain map of it where we can see where the mountains are and the forests, the rivers, cities ... etc. .
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I really like your continental shapes a lot! Well done! I'd love to know more about the world and its history and lore, if you have that and care to share.
    Is this a fantasy world or more modern? Tell us about it.

And i'd love to see a terrain map of it where we can see where the mountains are and the forests, the rivers, cities ... etc. .
    Thank you Eilathen, been working on it for 5 years now, restarting the topography, and adjusting elements of the map multiple times. It's largely based off of Earth, except Yerindor spins the opposite way, flipping the coriollis effect, and seasons. I made the mistake of creating too much lore, before the map was completed, so I had to bend the world around it. For a while the coast of Vaaltmora was to be arid, even though the story called for a humid, temperate climate; flipping the coriollis effect fixed that problem.
    Yerindor also has 3 moons; Sarthius, Evrea, and Rhook.

This is definitely a high fantasy world, equal historically to our 1200's to 1400's. A handful of races inhabit Yerindor, largely based off of evolution from ancient origin races, much like our Neanderthal, Denisovan, early humans.
    The is an energy that flows through the universe, that connects everything. This energy is harnessed by individuals based on their biology, and is limited to those individuals.
    Pre gunpowder, though they use a combustable oil refined/distilled from the Gazito fruit native to Hythos.

Next is the topographical elements, and climates. I will then create a physical map of the world showing the biomes. Then I will refine all maps to final drafts. Going to develop a fantasy RPG title, and a book series off of this.

Below is a rough concept from the meadows of Vaaltmora.

Just a rough layout of some cratons, and faultlines on the subcontinent in Northwestern Vaaltmora.

Refined it a bit, it's coming together well. All that is needed for parts of the subcontinent is higher elevation. On the bottom right, the is an ancient orogeny, and fold thrust belt somewhat similar to the Appalacian Mountains. The middle are two conjoined cratons, and the basins. And on the bottom right, a young impact crater, with multiple spreading out from it.

This region will be in the tropics/subtropics. The weather patterns, and rainshadows will dictate the climates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201122-034132_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	126448  
    Last edited by Ryan Pourchot; 11-22-2020 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Newer

Sounds intriguing!

Will you ever do an era "appropriate" map version? What do i mean by this: I always have problems with maps that are in a modern map style (like, for example, satellite style) if they are supposed to be maps of a fantasy world in, for example, the middle-ages period etc. You get the idea... .
    I know that is my hang-up. But i always consider maps to be "inworld items". It's probably because i am a p&p roleplaying nut
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I definitely plan on an era "appropriate" version. I also plan on isolated maps, limited to exploration of certain people, or civilizations. The modern version will help me clearly map out political, and natural things. No worries, it definitely should match the era. Some very old hand drawn maps of mine, done in an old style, which Yerindor may resemble. The one to the right was edited in photoshop.

Made some progress on the subcontinent, utilizing my faultlines as guides. A foldbelt, with acretionary wedges, not sure if I'm right on that though being new to the advanced geological entities.
    Let me know what you guys think. Cheers!
    Last edited by Ryan Pourchot; 12-09-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Basically this is an ancient convergent boundary, and foldbelt like the Appalacian Mountains. Two cratons, and a large igneous province on the left craton. Changed the colors a little bit. Liking the direction of this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yerindor December 2020.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	126908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201205-041411_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	126909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201205-041421_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	126910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201205-041436_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	126913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201205-041452_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	126912  

Last edited by Ryan Pourchot; 12-09-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Last edited by Ryan Pourchot; 12-09-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast