Thread: Goblin Camp

Default Goblin Camp

Yet another map by yours truly. I wanted to see if I could create a reasonable approximation of where a tribe of goblins or similar creatures would live. The original was pencil on graph paper, but it was completely re-drawn digitally after being imported into Clip Studio.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL003 GOBLIN CAMP labels.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	134131  
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Question

Great work... I like the fact that trapped water finds its way into rancid pools. The bat-filled cave with an overhead opening is intriguing and begging to be explored from above.

I'm curious if you considered a profile view for this same map so the elevation changes could be illustrated? Steepness of the cave floor, etc. would be good to know and can be difficult to portray in a 2D view.

Nice job, thanks for posting. Might have to borrow a few features here!

Quote Originally Posted by spacegekko View Post
    Might have to borrow a few features here!
    Inspiring others is definitely a form of flattery.
    I don't bother with side views of most maps since they tend to be simple sketches or quick drawings. If I were to make something more elaborate I may take the time to draw an elevation, but when it comes to dungeon maps I always considered orthographic or side views to have little use other than being an artistic reference. I have drawn elevation drawings of houses and other above-ground structures in order to provide clarity, but have never thought of the need in other maps. Perhaps I'll give it a try.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."