Thread: Honeyblossom Cottage

Wip Honeyblossom Cottage

This map was created as part of my playthrough of a solo journaling RPG called Apothecaria by BlackwellWriter. It is the home of my witch, Alenya Pinwick, who hasn't done a whole lot in the game yet as I was too distracted working on this. As I progress through the game the map will be further developed upon as I reach points to upgrade the house (such as unlocking that spare room) and adding some extensions. While this version is finished now, I haven't posted this in Finished Maps gallery since I will be adding to it over time. I will add following versions to this thread whenever I get round to doing them.

There is much I still have to learn, develop and improve upon when it comes to interior maps as I have done so few of them, but I do love adding all the details and imagining living and working within such spaces. I'd love any feedback to keep in mind for future interior maps! - AP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honeyblossom Cottage (Full).jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	7.57 MB 
ID:	134154

Drawn in: Adobe Photoshop (2022)
    Size: Each map was drawn individually on A4, 300dpi

Game: Apothecaria by BlackwellWriter (https://blackwellwriter.itch.io/apothecaria)

Blog Entries

Really nice bit of work with a pleasantly consistent style across all of the rooms.

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Love the isometric view... something that I've come to appreciate whether mapping structure or geography. Brings the sketch to a whole new level.

Oh wow, I did not just make a pun. Yah, yah I did.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more. What made you choose Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Really nice bit of work with a pleasantly consistent style across all of the rooms.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by spacegekko View Post
    Love the isometric view... something that I've come to appreciate whether mapping structure or geography. Brings the sketch to a whole new level.

Oh wow, I did not just make a pun. Yah, yah I did.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more. What made you choose Photoshop?
    Haha thank you! I'm not sure this is truly isometric, but that is something I'd love to try my hand at some day but I imagine the perspective being pretty hard to work with. It hurts my brain a little just trying to imagine how to draw to it.

Photoshop is what got me into digital art and what I learned on years ago, I've tried a couple other drawing apps but I'm just so used to Photoshop that I struggle to change to another. Although I do use Procreate too but generally for other art, Photoshop is where I do almost all my mapping.

Guild Member IllustratedPageBookDesign's Avatar

This is so gorgeous! Seriously, I love the style you used here.

Quote Originally Posted by IllustratedPageBookDesign View Post
    This is so gorgeous! Seriously, I love the style you used here.
    Wow, sorry for such a delayed reply! But thank you so much!