Thread: Aug/Sept/Oct '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Harbor.

Default Aug/Sept/Oct '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Harbor.

Aug/Sept/Oct '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Harbor. .... A 2 month Challenge, because it is still a bit of Summer and I am 10 days late getting this started..

Imagine that you have been commissioned to create a map of a Harbor ( or Harbour ) of any kind that you want.
    You have free reign to create anything: Top down battlemap, tourist guide map, man made harbor, natural harbor, pirate's hidden harbor, a working waterfront,
    a Spaceport like Mos Eisley, real like Bar harbor, Miltary port like Norfolk, a fantasy port in a cave like Skullport,,, be creative!
    Please remember to title each thread: Aug/Sept/Oct '22 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ###
    (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up by the picture scrapper
    and it might not be the one you want.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of October, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this challenge will receive a silver compass, you know you need one!

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, OCTOBER 14th

Been itching to try a different style and have a vague idea for this. Will have to experiment a bit before I commit though since I am on a 1 (mostly) completed map roll.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Artisan

Great theme, Bogie. I love harbor maps. Never actually did one though.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Been itching to try a different style and have a vague idea for this. Will have to experiment a bit before I commit though since I am on a 1 (mostly) completed map roll.
    I believe in you!!!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected NarramoreArt's Avatar

Been looking forward to seeing what this month's lite challenge would be, almost certainly gonna do pirates and a giant squid (can never resist a giant squid).
    Find me online as @NarramoreArt
    I'm mostly on twitter but you can also find me on instagram or even facebook!
    You can also check out my website narramore.art