Thread: WIP: Two Tower Map - Need color advice!

Guild Novice

Wip WIP: Two Tower Map - Need color advice!

I need color palette advice!

I started this map a long while back to practice adding side-view elements to my maps, architecture, etc. And to try my hand at a different style of mapping: just blocking out the building shapes rather than detailing all the roof lines and landscape details like I normally would.

I am stuck on choosing colors for the map, though! I want to keep it simple and thematic: the left city is a more steampunk, mushroom punk, industrial vibe, while the left is a more solarpunk, paladin vibe. I can't find a color template that satisfies my themes and looks adequate to me.

Help! Please

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP Two Towers.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	949.4 KB 
ID:	134170

Try a blackbody map: black->red->orange->yellow->white from grungy to celestial. Use non-saturated colors and possibly sweep daker tones away from the centerline. Of course, there would be individual building spots from the "wrong" pallete section.

Another option would be cold (dark-bluish) gray on the left to warm (lighter and more yellow) grey on the right.

Guild Novice

I like these suggestions. Very much. I'll do some test runs of them both and see how they look.

Thank you so much. I really needed some outside creative power.