Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to make adjustments to my map!

Default Need to make adjustments to my map!

Hello! I am looking to make adjustments to a map I had made for my novel a while ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP-.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	5.03 MB 
ID:	134205

UPDATE: I'VE MANAGED TO GET INTO CONTACT WITH THE ORIGINAL ARTIST WHO MADE THE MAP. THIS THREAD CAN BE CONSIDERED CLOSED NOW.

What am I looking to have done?
    Well it's a rather straight forward set of things in of itself, I'm not sure how really to describe it but I'll do the best I can. This map will largely look very similar to the one I have right now, It is looking to complete this in two phases. Phase 1 will entail editing the map so that it is closer to what I am envisioning, I am looking to edit landscapes and move entire continents. Phase 2 of editing will revolve around drawing international borders and perhaps adding capital and major cities. I am also asking in advance for three versions of the map: one that only shows geography, one that has international borders, and another that has cities and international borders. The style of this map will again, be very simple, it will be in the color scheme that the current one currently shows.

What is this being used for?
    This map is purely for my own personal use. It is possible an official one will be made for commercial uses once I publish my novel. But for now this one, and SPECIFICALLY THIS ONE, is purely for my own personal use so I can use it at reference to the novel. I assure you this map will not be published in any official capacity and is purely for reference.

What do I get from helping you?
    I would like to think of this as a request. I would very kindly appreciate anyone willing to help me out here, but I know more than likely some form of compensation would be asked for a project like this. The map is already pretty much there, I mostly just require some adjustments to be made overall. But in the case of payment, it will really depend on the scope of work you think might be needed and how much you think it's worth for a simple map like this. I am not going to throw any numbers out right now, so prices will really come down to negotiation.

Okay, I might be interested, so how do you want to do this?
    I would prefer to be contacted via Discord. I will explain all the extra details there and what I am looking to have done specifically to this map. Thanks in advance! My discord ID is: House#0324
    Last edited by HouseUnstoppable; 09-01-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Editing the position of continents on a map that has a baked in grid like that is anything but a simple task. Why don't you ask the person who made it for you originally? They may still have the layered file which would make it much easier to edit.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I am just watching but hello again (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Editing the position of continents on a map that has a baked in grid like that is anything but a simple task. Why don't you ask the person who made it for you originally? They may still have the layered file which would make it much easier to edit.

I would but he hasn't been online in months. If the biggest issue is the grid, then I will have to begin talking payment for a full retracing.
    Last edited by HouseUnstoppable; 08-31-2022 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseUnstoppable View Post
    I would but he hasn't been online in months. If the biggest issue is the grid, then I will have to begin talking payment for a full retracing.
    Well idk about such fancy maps but from my experience with novels i am rather astonished a novel have a map this big

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokuro View Post
    Well idk about such fancy maps but from my experience with novels i am rather astonished a novel have a map this big
    Have you ever heard of Ace Combat? That's the inspiration. Difference is that it's a geopolitical oriented book.

I don't imagine even that will be simple though. But, we'll see.

Hello! I am looking to make adjustments to a map I had made for my novel a while ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP-.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	5.03 MB 
ID:	134205

What am I looking to have done?
    Well it's a rather straight forward set of things in of itself, I'm not sure how really to describe it but I'll do the best I can. This map will largely look very similar to the one I have right now, It is looking to complete this in two phases. Phase 1 will entail editing the map so that it is closer to what I am envisioning, I am looking to edit landscapes and move entire continents. Phase 2 of editing will revolve around drawing international borders and perhaps adding capital and major cities. I am also asking in advance for three versions of the map: one that only shows geography, one that has international borders, and another that has cities and international borders. The style of this map will again, be very simple, it will be in the color scheme that the current one currently shows.

What is this being used for?
    This map is purely for my own personal use. It is possible an official one will be made for commercial uses once I publish my novel. But for now this one, and SPECIFICALLY THIS ONE, is purely for my own personal use so I can use it at reference to the novel. I assure you this map will not be published in any official capacity and is purely for reference.

What do I get from helping you?
    I would like to think of this as a request. I would very kindly appreciate anyone willing to help me out here, but I know more than likely some form of compensation would be asked for a project like this. The map is already pretty much there, I mostly just require some adjustments to be made overall. But in the case of payment, it will really depend on the scope of work you think might be needed and how much you think it's worth for a simple map like this. I am not going to throw any numbers out right now, so prices will really come down to negotiation.

Okay, I might be interested, so how do you want to do this?
    I would prefer to be contacted via Discord. I will explain all the extra details there and what I am looking to have done specifically to this map. Thanks in advance! My discord ID is: House#0324
    There are some limits to what can be done but I might be able to help but I will need further details eventually, in case here is my portfolio.

Blog Entries

i just looked at removing that grid so that continents can be moved , it dose not look well

i or someone else would have to do that by hand line by line and that would take a lot of time
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    There are some limits to what can be done but I might be able to help but I will need further details eventually, in case here is my portfolio.
    How much would you charge for a simple replication of the map? (Which would include my proposed edits.)
    Last edited by HouseUnstoppable; 08-31-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast