Thread: Ellione: My first fantasy map

Map Ellione: My first fantasy map

Hi all! I made my first fantasy map. I would appreciate some critique, suggestions, comments. All titles and shapes came from my imagination, so any resemblance to the real world is purely coincidental

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	134246
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	134247

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Nice details

Well done! I liked the small details - Caves in the far west mountains that aren't named, lending a sense of mystery to them. The bridges over rivers. Simple, but important for a traveler who doesn't want to get wet! The use of mountains that lead to hills, and in some places turning into flatter rolling landscape. Lastly, the color version has a nice, aged parchment look. I was going to suggest more color, but that would move it into a more modern look, and it seems to me you are trying to keep the look of an old map, rather than a modern game map.

Awesome work. I love the look of your map. The shading of the mountains, the forest style. I struggle with drawing forests, trying different style at the moment. I would just say that some letters for the names are a bit hard to read. But it's a minor issue.

Great work mate !

Default Very Impressed

That's very impressive for a hand-drawn map. I've always loved the natural look of ink and paper.

I really like the hatching along the sea shore - it's a nice look that adds a watery texture and gives the landmass just the slightest feeling of standing out from the page. Well done!