Thread: Annon (world map)

Map Annon (world map)

Hello world!

This is my last finished work and I wanted to share it to you all. I, sadly, cannot link any WIP thread to it as I just get myself signed to the Guild.

This is a 5-point perspective map of one of my customer's world. It's a rather simple high-fantasy setting, so I wanted to pump it up a bit with a unique turn that was both challenging to me and interesting to the eye. It ended up in a map that can be rotated 360°, and the most challenging one I ever had teh chance to work on. I'm now pretty happy with it

The border work was also really interesting to work on. It is composed of multiple inspirations, from WoW to Art-Nouveau.

It was made under 2,5 weeks of full-time work, I'd say.

Brushes are really basic, so it's not even important to link them out.

Hope you'll like it!

Now jumping on a new project, more painterly I hope!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANNON - PREVIEW.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	7.19 MB 
ID:	134254

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat design. Not sure I have seen a map with that type of perspective before.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really neat design. Not sure I have seen a map with that type of perspective before.
    Jeff Murray is quite famous for his maps in this style. Dimension Door also made one you can se on its IG

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is going straight into my inspiration folder. Man, this map is amazing! Repped!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Blog Entries

Wow this is another really great map this week. I do like the compass being in the middle of the map. It is very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Wow this is another really great map this week. I do like the compass being in the middle of the map. It is very unusual.
    Thank you! I first wanted the compass to be way more roundy to help the viewer realize the map is about a globe. But it had to be gigantic to be affected by the curvature of the sphere, or placed at places it couldn't be to indicate poles... I still think it lack of good colors too. ButI had to move one anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    This is going straight into my inspiration folder. Man, this map is amazing! Repped!
    Thank you Caenwyr! This means much