Thread: August/September Challenge: Lighting Strike

Wip August/September Challenge: Lighting Strike

Heard about this challenge from the Profantasy forum and thought it would be a nice distraction from my current mapping project. Hope I'm posting this correctly but not sure how to display a thumbnail of the image.

Comments and suggestions are welcome

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 134358
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-24-2022 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Tried to fix the image attachment

Blog Entries

Nice map - I like that one it shows the progression well.

I tried to fix up the attachment in your post but I could not so I have taken a copy and uploaded myself and this is the result. So maybe this will fix it.

I cant figure out why what you did was any different but it shows the attachment now so hopefully it will appear in the thumbnails. There is a sticky post at the top of member intros about adding an image - but it looked like you had done it correctly.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-26-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Thank You for fixing the issue and for you comments about the image.

Administrator Guild Supporter
    Facebook Connected

RedRobes: is it because he was still under 5 posts?

This is a great map! I like that you went the extra step and did before, during, and after.

Community Leader Guild Supporter Ilanthar's Avatar

Nicely done! And quite spot on considering the last summer we got (at least here, in France).

Thank you for the comments.

My thought behind the image. When I first decided to create the maps I knew I what I wanted to do and my plan was to show a small town or village and only have two panels. After I choose the name for the project I decided that I needed a third panel and to scale down the area I was going to show because I thought that if I used a village or town the name could imply a rapid strike during a war / invasion and what I wanted to show was the nature aspect of the meaning. That is why I felt that the third panel showing natures recovery and a single house in the woods better reflected what I was trying to portray. I hope that I have brought that meaning across in the image.

Ok this is the final version. I made a subtle change to the wildlife shadows and the ruins in the recovery panel.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final_Lighting Strike.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	134367

Nice! I also like the three stages of this map.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or Tiana#8437 (Discord) to discuss a map!