Thread: Hello From Indiana!

Post Hello From Indiana!

Hello all! I'm nowhere near as talented as some of the cartographers I see here, most of the work I do are reference maps for myself for my D&D games. However I am also an avid collector of fictional maps, and in addition to sharing my occasional work I also hope to discover new works that I can add to my wall!

Welcome aboard! I'm sure any of us would be honoured to find our work on your wall
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Welcome aboard! I'm sure any of us would be honoured to find our work on your wall
    So one thing I am wondering, when/how do I become a guild member? I was trying to browse the finished maps, and on the thumbnail page it says I have to be a guild member to view that page. It would be much easier to peruse the maps here if I could see that.

And a secondary question that came up when I started this reply, do you have to fill out this captcha every time you post, comment, or search anything on this site, or does that go away when I become a "guild member"?

Blog Entries

Welcome, You become a guild member with 5 posts. And you need to fill out a capcha only until you become a member. So whats the weather like in Indiana right now... tell us about your fictional map collection... and whats your D&D party doing right now ? That should get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Welcome, You become a guild member with 5 posts. And you need to fill out a capcha only until you become a member. So whats the weather like in Indiana right now... tell us about your fictional map collection... and whats your D&D party doing right now ? That should get you there.
    The weather in Indiana is what is always is, completely chaotic. I wake up freezing, and in the evenings its in the 80s or 90s. But we don't have tornados or hurricanes, so tis' the curse I have chosen to bear in life.

As for my map collection, my wall recently had an overhaul, cause I went through and rematted every framed poster, print, and map I have with an acid-free poster board and archival photo corners, because they had originally been matted with a rubber-based adhesive and I recently learned that will cause significant damage overtime. Not that my prints are antiques, but a number of them are unique or would be expensive to track down another copy, and I'd rather not have to replace any of them in my lifetime if I can avoid it.

Right now on my wall I have: Tal'Dorei and Wildemount from Critical Role, Khorvaire from Eberron, The Inner Sea of Golarion, Narnia, The Game-Verse from Travis Willingham's Yeehaw Game Ranch (that one may take some explaining haha), The Known World of Game of Thrones (Westeros and Essos), Narnia, Randland from Wheel of Time (I wish they actually gave that continent an official in-universe name), and Strixhaven from MTG/D&D

During my reframing overhaul I prepped and have on-deck to frame: Nonestica (the greater world of the Wizard of Oz), Eternia and Etheria (Masters of the Universe), Fillory from The Magicians, and Tamriel from Elder Scrolls.

In Storage/Unframed I have: Middle Earth (the poster I have isn't the highest resolution so I want a better one), Preternia Subternia and Castle Grayskull (also Masters of the Universe)

Digital maps I have but have not yet printed are: Arrakis from Dune, Beleriand and the Realms of the North (Middle earth during the time of The Silmarillion), Theros from MTG, Krynn from Dragonlance (which I found here), Faerun from Forgotten Realms (which I found here), and Amphibia

On my list to get (hopefully I can find some good ones here) I have: Higher-Detail Middle Earth, Thra from The Dark Crystal, The Known World of the Grishaverse (Shadow and Bone series), The Country of Oz, Ravnica from MTG, Dominaria from MTG, Ixilan from MTG, The Cities/Regions of (Numenor, The Shire, Gondor, Rohan, Mordor, Khazad-dum, Minas Tirith, Lothlorien, Rivendell are my main priorities), and the Cities of Wheel of Time (there are a bunch, too many really to list off the top of my head).

A bunch of these I saw digital files for sale on Etsy some time ago, but the shop disappeared. There are a few shops selling physical prints of them now, but I cannot find the digital files anywhere.

My D&D party haha...well they just ended a 2ish month party split, because half of the party got accidentally sent to hell and used their opportunity to perform reconnaissance on a Contract Devil that had been causing trouble for them for some time. One party member managed to steal his true name, and used it to force him to broker a deal where she won't spread the name around and he will help them gat the paperwork they needed filed in hell done. They ended up going to the Library of Oaths (where every mortal oath and infernal contract is stored) and one party member used her status as a Divine Champion (a chosen mortal representative of the gods, each god is entitled to a Champion, High Priest, and a Herald) to file requests for information regarding the BBEG they are up against and information on the godsmoot (meeting of the divine emissaries in the event of potential world-altering events) that the party has gotten involved with.

Meanwhile, the material plane party was doing social combat in Pyre, a city built around the great elemental gate of fire. See one party member's personal story is that his wife disappeared a long time ago (200ish years, he is an elf), and has been searching for her ever since. Well it turns out what happened is that she was pulled through a rift in time that the party caused when fighting a group of archmages to stop them from activating their device called the World Engine. Anyway, she had been flung 200 years into the future, ended up getting captured by slavers and taken to Pyre, where The Broker, the same contract devil that they have been having trouble with, purchased her. He then leased her under a trial period to a slug devil living in the city who runs a pleasure house. And if he liked her, Jestran (the slug devil) would keep the wife and give The Broker the succubus Oriana, who he has been trying to get back from Jestran for quite some time (side note Oriana was the first love of the party member that is now searching for his wife, because I love making these complex webs haha).

Aaaaaany way, the material plane party made a deal with Jestran that if they could embarrass The Broker and decrease his social standing in Pyre he wouldn't complete the deal with The Broker, if they got his infernal status demoted he would help them free the wife form the legal system of Pyre, and if they outright killed The Broker he would just give them the wife. So they have been investigating corruption and double dealings The Broker performed with another high ranking individual in the city, which funneled city resources to the city where the archmages had been doing their world engine experiment. And just as the material plane party finished gathering information, the hell party finished their business at the Library of Oaths and returned to Pyre.

So...yup that's how that's been going XD

Blog Entries

Welcome MEMBER Draco !

And OMG thats the best D&D summary I have ever read. Each line in that has more depth to it than most of the ones I ran !

Myself with Monks made a pretty detailed map of Middle Earth we called MeDem. The bigger pan and zoom map you can find here:
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/l...php?type=medem

Full size it was 40K square but the biggest and latest single image version of about 4K square is in my Album which if you want to print you can as we never made a poster of it. It was meant to be like a satellite map so not very arty. A giant Thrors map would be cool tho.