Thread: Hobbyist looking to turn more professional.

Default Hobbyist looking to turn more professional.

Hi, Howdy!

I feel it best to start this post with the inspiration behind it before posting the main content just due to its nature. I've always loved drawing maps, it's been a passion of mine for an extended period of time. When I was a kid everyone else was drawing people and flowers and so on, but instead I was off drawing and coming up with made-up countries, cities, continents, you name it. Worldbuilding and especially map drawing has always been a way for me to express my creativity and I've just always loved it.

I've recently moved to a new city and after starting university I've had some trouble finding a job and while showing some of my drawings and maps to my girlfriend and another good friend of mine and they suggested I should try to turn it into something more than a hobby and while doing some research stumbled upon here and while lurking through some threads last night saw how supportive people were and was hoping that the same feeling be shown to myself and I can get some tips and the like while I find my footing in this environment.

Thanks so much in advance I'm pretty excited to share with the world something that I've been incredibly nerdy about my entire life, and I look forward to meeting the fantastic community here!

-Jesper

Default Welcome

Hi and welcome.
    A very relatable backstory.
    The feeling of "oh wait.. i´ve always been doing this" might be common among us.
    Keep drawing and try different techniques till you find something that works.
    Øystein