Thread: Voneg, The Citnalt Empire's Capitol, (continuation from Aug/Sept/Oct'22 LiteChlleng)

Map Voneg, The Citnalt Empire's Capitol, (continuation from Aug/Sept/Oct'22 LiteChlleng)

This is a continuation on the map of Voneg, the Capitol of the Citnalt Empire.

The challenge was about mapping a harbour but I expanded a bit more than just the harbour.

I'm posting it here because I want to keep developing it, even if the challenge has already finished.

Also, the update rate will be a lot more relaxed.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP13AddingBoatsAndFarms.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	331.3 KB 
ID:	134492

This looks like an interesting layout, but fluorescent pink and green kinda prevent me from seeing anything else I'm not sure about the scale, but most of the streets also look too thin, so maybe just have the major avenues on the map?

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Oh, my goodness, that's bright! It hurts the eyes, it's so bright.

You really might want to consider turning the visual volume down on those loud colors. It's much too neon for my visual taste buds to consume this map for any real length of time, at all.

I was trying to emulate how buildings, historical buildings and countryside are drawn in real maps.
    Take for example this image from a 1:34.123 scale map of Cartagena, Spain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2023-05-31 155827.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	135791

That's why I used: bright pinkísh red for buildings, black for solid walls, bright green for parks, mild green and brown for the countryside, light blue for the sea and rivers and khaki for streets, roads and bridges.

Now that I take a good look at it, I should have painted the level lines in dark khaki instead of red.
    Last edited by 4maram; 05-31-2023 at 10:07 AM. Reason: personal thoughts added