Hi all,

Greetings from Akron, OH.

I've been a DM for ~20 years mostly playing D&D (3.0/3.5 + 5.0) but venturing into many systems for short stints and refreshing ideas. I run most stuff in my own version of the Forgotten Realms: a touch low(er)-magic a la Tolkien and the Witcher. I place a strong emphasis on realism and the physical world, with diligent players being highly rewarded for their attention to detail and immersion.

I have found the game asset I lack the most is overland maps on the scale of 100 to 10,000 meters. I have a plethora of regional map that cover hundreds of miles of area and many isolated battle maps, but I always seem to be more interested in the smaller, more interesting geography around sites that lend further depth to a local area. I used to draw my own maps for this purpose, but time for this endeavor is now scarce. I especially like regional topographic maps as this helps players understand the immediate terrain topology rather than just "mountains" or "not-mountains".

Recently I put a claymore (sword) through my foot at a house party so now I am looking forward to a winter referencing maps and rolling dice. I was running with the sword while intoxicated and tripped. Some sort of twisted rendition of "don't run with scissors".

死所からの猫