Thread: Shikodu is back on

Wip Shikodu is back on

I have finally found a way to pull this map off. If I complete this map, I might draw a few plates of the map by hand having this as a guide. I should have had the guide from the start. The general idea is that I will have the floor plans for every building in the entire city. I'm not holding hopes of ever completing this given I have tons of industrial buildings, schools, government and entertainment structures to do. The project is being done on MS Paint which both my computers have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shikodu - Gunoshiva Prefecture - Kidasuna.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	653.3 KB 
ID:	135998

Here's some detail of the city core and the Downtown which includes some secret allies for those off market items an adventurer might want. I'm still trying to think of how I will add a trolley network and how to represent the tracks and stops. The city has passenger and freight rail which aren't added yet. I want to do a topo map and have that as a guide for floor planning basements to some of the houses that will need it.

Name:	Shikodu - Secret Allys.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	135999

A closer look of the downtown showing surrounding locals. The colors represent zoning. I may later use San Francisco's zoning colors on the final map, I'm currently using Sim City 3000 zoning colors and some of my own for other structures. I will go into that at another time. Right now it's just time to give some update on past attempt to map this city.

Name:	Shikodu - Gunoshiva Prefecture - Kidasuna 2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	990.7 KB 
ID:	136000

Woh. that is huge.
    The colour coding is a great idea ...

This is now my third response to say I'm having issues on getting floor plans for the industrial buildings to fill in the job sector of my city map. The city is supposed to have tons of steel mills and rolling plants, some forges for cast iron and welding shops

This shows the hard work. This is the Industrial park of Shikodu. It will be laced with railroads and steel mills. The city is intended to produce metal goods as in parts and machines for larger industrial cities to assemble them. Shikodu will retain enough industry to maintain itself and surplus is designed to be exported.

Name:	Shikodu Indutrial Area.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	770.0 KB 
ID:	136082

I'm not even sure how this will display given it's a full sized image. This is the entire map as it stand now. West Shikodu isn't started at all. The map is tilted to have west facing south. I have the map saved to fit my monitor since it's wider and it makes placing houses fastest.
    There is a floor plan established for each building. This is what have slowed my Shikodu map to such a slow pace over the years since I last attempted it. There will be a book covering each building at some time.

Name:	Shikodu - Buildings.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	136085

Name:	Shikodu Full Map.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	461.9 KB 
ID:	136083

What an undertaking, great work so far.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt