Thread: National Novel Writing Month

Default National Novel Writing Month

Well, after a two year break, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo again this year. I'm a NaNoRebel this year, working on a fantasy table-top role-playing game.

Are any other Guild members participating?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yes. Not officially though. More of a 'develop a solid work ethic in writing' type of thing. If I can actually train myself to write SOMETHING every day, even if it's only an encyclopedia entry or two for my conworld bible, I may actually finish something one day. But my brain is old and dumb, so we'll see.

Figures it would be this month. I was thinking about it but have been to busy with other stuff to realize it was NaNoWriMo. I've only done it once but I was kind of wanting to do it again. The rest of this month it is out of the question for me tho. :/
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yes, I always participate, since 2005 I've done it successfully. Currently at 37k, I'm working on a rewrite of my 2016 and 2017 and technically 2018 (sequel) project.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Figures it would be this month. I was thinking about it but have been to busy with other stuff to realize it was NaNoWriMo. I've only done it once but I was kind of wanting to do it again. The rest of this month it is out of the question for me tho. :/
    I'm with you. I've been cooking up a novel over the course of this year -- halfway done with first draft! -- and I thought NaNoWriMo would be a good excuse to crack out a lot of the remainder. But then there was just too dang much going on. I'll keep plodding at my slow pace...

Well, I completed another successful NaNoWriMo, though 50k words isn't nearly enough to call this project finished.

I did it too, 103k, the first time since 2015 I've managed a 6 digit Nanowrimo, though it was a rewrite and it's still not done... and now I'm at the part of the original draft that I wasn't satisfied with, so it may freeze up completely now.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I did it too, 103k, the first time since 2015 I've managed a 6 digit Nanowrimo, though it was a rewrite and it's still not done... and now I'm at the part of the original draft that I wasn't satisfied with, so it may freeze up completely now.
    Wow. I'm always amazed to see those figures where people hit 100k+. What are you writing, if you don't mind saying?

Well, I'm impressed by the lot of you. The only thing I've written in years is a short manuscript for an illustrated children's book I started in October (and because I'm easily distracted, even that is not finished, heh).

Also curious what you're writing about, Tiana

Congrats to both of you on finishing! (Even if there's more to go )