Thread: Dark Arrow Keep map

Map Dark Arrow Keep map

I Will show you my latest commission: Dark Arrow Keep map for a d&d campaign. I first draw the base with a base brush on procreate and then i paint with waterbrush colors. The map is based on the real description of the city. Dark Arrow keep was the central stronghold for the orcish Kingdom of Many-Arrows. The Keep was located in the UpperSurbrinVale among the foothills of the #SpineoftheWorldmountains. It was about 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) from the banks of the #River #Surbrin and around 40 miles (64 kilometers) north of MithralHall.
    The town was built around a massive central Citadel and was enclosed by a palisade resting atop a high wall of earthworks and rubble. The main gates through the wall faced southeast toward the River Surbrin. Inside the walls was a sprawling and chaotic settlement where tents vastly outnumbered the town's crudely-made stone and wood buildings, many of which were squat and irregularly shaped with few windows. There were no planned streets save for a wide avenue connecting the main gate to the central Citadel, and all other "streets" were nameless gaps between haphazard buildings and impermanent constructions. This made the town a veritable a maze of corridors and blind alleyways, much of which was overlooked by arrow slits and stank of offal and garbage.

Most permanent structures were cramped and claustrophobic, with low ceilings, oddly-placed walls, and dirt or stone floors. Most residents lived in tents or in caverns and mountain villages nearby.

One of the fortress' main features was the Pit, an arena used by the king to judge his subordinates and punish those he saw fit. The Keep also hosted a dank jail that was surprisingly clean by orc standards.
    (Forgotten Realms Wiki)

I hope you like it!
    hyn_works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4F4920CF-12D0-4B5D-AC83-82359FF076EC.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	6.62 MB 
ID:	134586  

Blog Entries

Thats nice with a loose pen style which is very appealing. If the master of the town had a pit where he threw his subjects in then I think I would be looking for a home in another town !

You are right! Although the legend says that these orcs are kind and civilized Thank you so much