Thread: Need a regional map for my D&D fantasy campaign

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Need a regional map for my D&D fantasy campaign

Project scope:
    This is for my personal D&D campaign with me and my friends over Roll20. I have made my own continent map but require a detailed map of a mostly blank section of it.

Description of map: it will be the eastern and northern part of a continent map I have made, my map has some key landmarks but mostly empty other than that, I would like towns and villages and terrain that looks natural and interesting along with some roads and other identifiers. The journey they are taking and thus the area is around 600 or so miles maybe a bit more. They are starting at the capital in the north in a mountain range they will leave from there go east on a main road past a large forest into a more plains area (the area is northern so not overly lush) it’s decently populated up north eventually it starts heading a little south as they get farther East after they leave a heavenly hilled area I have on my map they enter a different region that is much more sparsely populated and wild.

Technical:
    Prints are not required as it’s an all digital campaign, can be either JPG, GIF, or PNG with a max size of 10MB (max upload size for roll20) but if you want to have a lower resolution 10MB one for me to put to roll20 and a higher one I can send to the players separately that’s great. As for resolution and dimensions higher resolution is better up to the data size limit as it’ll be on a full monitor for them and dimensions will have to work together on as the map section I need isn’t super square.
    Transfer of files: email will work or any kind of free data drop off service.

Map style: this is partly up to the Cartographer, I don’t want to crimp artistic style, nor am I particularly well versed in it either (mine is all made in Inkarnate). Being regional hoping for a decent level of detail in terrain. Will need quite a few villages and towns along with other landmarks whose names we can coordinate on.

Copyright: this is entirely for personal use with no desire to publish or profit in any way so all rights can remain with the artist. Just need permission to distribute to the players as needed and put on Roll20. I do sometimes record our sessions but it’s for personal and player use and is in a private playlist on YouTube not accessible to anyone but my players and me and no intention to change that.

Deadline:
    Would like within 2 weeks or so but that’s quick so I understand if it needs to be longer. We will be using it for several months so if it needs to take longer that’s alright just would like it for the majority of their journey
    2 weeks optimistic best hope
    1 month max time I would like to not go over

Design process:
    1. Discussion with me over the continent map I have if the specific Area and artist ideas and thoughts
    2. Rough outline
    3. Keep me updated like 1/4 or 1/3 of the way through and those intervals if possible after wards. I’m easily contactable through whichever messaging app your would like (Facebook messenger, discord, Reddit, email will work but might be a bit long in the back and forth, if need something else like WhatsApp or something just let me know, hell you can text me if you like on my phone I don’t care)
    4. Final map!

Payment:
    Negotiable but was hoping in the $150 range 200$ on the high end anything above is a bit out of my budget.
    Can be done through PayPal, if needed I can do half up front after we go over the project and everything and half upon delivery

This thread for now and then we can go from there.

(My first request on here so hopefully I laid it out well!)

Guild Journeyer

Hello Stomy,

here're links with my work, if you're interested hit me up via one of those pages!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

CHEERS!

Hi!
    Check my instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hyn_works/
    For more details you can write me on hynworks@gmail.com

Cheers

Hi there!

I specialize in Region, continent, and world maps! I might be interested in your project if you haven't found an artist yet I might be able to help you. Feel free to check out my past work here. Or reach out on my website there or directly at ralarismaps@gmail.com.

Hope to hear from you!

Kay

Hi Stomy!

Sounds interesting, especially how it will be used for a long-form journey! I have a variety of different styles which you can find on my Instagram portfolio, including ones for fantasy journeys or more Tolkien-esque, which might suit your brief!

If any of these seem to work for you please do send over an email at freddie.winckless@gmail.com!

Hope your search goes well!
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

Hello , I might be interested to discuss if I am given white chart to try test new a approach I have in mind ...
    https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds
    you can contact me there if you like anything there .