Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec/Jan '23 Lite Challenge: Seeing the Red mist...

I really like the fountain, but as is, I'm not sure the fish fits with the style of the rest of the map. It throws things off a bit for me. Maybe paint over it a bit to give it a bit more artificial "stone-like" look?

Blog Entries

Thanks Falconius and Edward,

It says its bronze with verdigris but new bronze is pale yellow gold, but old bronze is almost black and verdigris is that dark blue green colour but we have loads of that already in the map. I think judging by the other text for the room its not like they wanted it sparkling new but I think it would look like some amorphous blob of dark something if I did it accurately. I just cant decide if I like it or not but it certainly is bold. Like some giant goldfish. Most unusual for a dungeon. Is everybody's elemental shrines as wild as this one ?

The fish does look like its blowing steam but its supposed to be a water flow. I don't think I have a good visual image in my head of what a water stream actually looks like. Its complex with reflective bits in it but without seeing a real one I don't think I could draw it even if I had the ability. If I go somewhere in the next few weeks and come across a flowing stream or brook that has something I could use ill take a photo !

Thanks for the encouragement. I am glad you like it.

Blog Entries

Got a bit ninja'ed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    I really like the fountain, but as is, I'm not sure the fish fits with the style of the rest of the map. It throws things off a bit for me. Maybe paint over it a bit to give it a bit more artificial "stone-like" look?
    Thanks Turambar. I could definitely be persuaded to modify it. Its supposed to be bronze not stone but that encompasses quite a wide range of textures. I could also add some seaweed to it as the other statue in that room is like an octopus with weeds over it. You right in that it doesn't match the rest of the map. But trying to get some public domain picture of a fish looking from above was more difficult than I had imagined. You almost always look at a fish in a pond from above. So I think I need to use this picture but maybe modify it bit more.

Blog Entries

Is this a bit better ? I think I prefer this one to the previous one. It certainly looks more like bronze and verdigris than the orange one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToEE_213_04.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	134742  

Yeah, I definitely like this one better.

Blog Entries

I have been going through Bogies tokens and stealing a few for this map. They seem to suite it. Then applying some of them where it would match the descriptions. Still a bit to go but it feels like its coming together now.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	ToEE_213_05.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	134764  

Always fun to see my objects show up in other peoples maps!

Blog Entries

I never really reviewed your thread of icons but its really chock full of good stuff. I used to use garden centres for source material too. For some reason they are a bountiful supply of foliage that is short enough that you can reach over and grab a shot from above. And it doesn't look too weird taking photos in a garden centre since it looks like you are planning your own garden.

Anyway - grabbing a couple more bits-n-pieces I have fitted out a few more rooms and added the dias in the fountain room. The Owl Bear triangular room and the store room are not quite done yet and need some floor texture but most of it is in place now.

This wip is full size to check it can handle it and also because a lot of these latest changes are small on the map.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	ToEE_213_06.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.34 MB 
ID:	134768  

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Is this a bit better ? I think I prefer this one to the previous one. It certainly looks more like bronze and verdigris than the orange one.
    This definitely looks better. Love how this map is turning out!

The makers of this dungeon loved curtains for some reason, despite the obvious lack windows. Anyway that's looking better and better. The furniture actually seems like it belongs there. In a dungeon. A wet dungeon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast