Thread: Use a number of required features out of a list of features.

Default Use a number of required features out of a list of features.

I don't remember how long ago it was, but, if memory serves, we did a challenge where we were given a list of features and had to pick some number of them to be used in a map. With a big enough list, maybe people can find some creativity and motivation? Although that, as a theme, might be a bit vague. Maybe a short list of required features and a short list of optional features, some number of which each participant also has to include.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

(You forgot to add a poll)

Yes! I remember this challenge! I quite loved the idea. The one feature I chose that time was Isometric(Though, back then I didn't fully grasp what it meant! Hehehe)

Definitely a yes for me.

Maybe have a short list of Primary features that you must choose 1 and then a longer list of Optional features from which you can choose multiple or none?

(Though, I do think this is almost in the vain of random generators. From which you have to choose from a list. That said, those are always popular, so can't go wrong with this one either.)

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Eh because I was so vague with the suggestion I didn't think a poll would be effective. My bad.

I think the problem with the random generator is that everyone ends up with a different list to choose from. Maybe if the mod posting the challenge generated a single list and let participants choose from that, the themes might be a little tighter. Or just use the random generator to generate a single prompt to be used. IDK.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Maybe have a few lists of features based on themes. Such as:
    Gothic theme: spinpley towers, dark woods, etc.
    Ancient Mesopotamia: Hulking cities, great rivers, manifest gods etc.

Or alternatively define a single scale for the challenge, such as region, urban, battlemap etc, and make a list of themed lists based on that?