Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City map test - honest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Inc View Post
    FOr now its just plain textures and masks all over. Show me some sample to get the better idea if You can
    I don't think I really have anything on hand, sorry. It's very much a "I vaguely remember doing this at some point in time" type of thing, my primary mapping style is very different. I'm much more of a "classic" fantasy mapper, parchment textures and illustrative mountains and the like. I can see if I have any time to dig around my files tomorrow, need to be heading to bed now.

The new trees look better already!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Some nitpicks.

Trees should be further away form the structure. Otherwise it suggest that the estate is poorly maintained. Leaves and branches could fall directly on the roof.

Also, I am no architect and could be wrong but I thing the dormers should be aligned. It make more sense structurally to have a straight wooden beam instead of 2 halves, one for each side.
    With the same logic, I would move the chimneys so they do not intersect with the wooden beams supporting the structure.

On the other topic, I am still using Photoshop CS6, which is getting pretty old by now. It was the last Photoshop you could actually own. I really dislike their new payment model, so I will have to find an alternative eventually. Some alternative would be the Gimp or Krita but I haven't seen a lot of maps on the latter.
    Now the Adobe suite is even worst since they ended their partnership with Pantone. People have to pay even more is they want to use Pantone colours otherwise the only Pantone they can use is black.

Hi guys,

I decided to continue thread here instead of posting ne one, as it will keep this forum cleaner

Anyway,

What do You think about this now ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test7 (1).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	5.24 MB 
ID:	135000

Looking good, all your assets are looking really lovely. I would maybe alter the layout of the fields up the top to be in a more regular pattern. You might want to do a bit more shading or something else to blend the cliffs into the landscape, they feel a bit like they are floating above the other elements but that's a pretty minor thing.

I cleaned up the duplicate of the last post you put up, I imagine the other mods were busy as well over the long weekend which is why it sat there for a few days before being approved, but you've done your 5 posts now so new posts will just go straight up now and not have to be moderated.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    I would maybe alter the layout of the fields up the top to be in a more regular pattern. You might want to do a bit more shading or something else to blend the cliffs into the landscape, they feel a bit like they are floating above the other elements but that's a pretty minor thing.
    About that field I know - just wanted to test how it would look, but already few people mentioned that it looks weird, so I will probably not do it like that

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    I cleaned up the duplicate of the last post you put up, I imagine the other mods were busy as well over the long weekend which is why it sat there for a few days before being approved, but you've done your 5 posts now so new posts will just go straight up now and not have to be moderated.
    Thats great

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12