Thread: December 2022 Challenge: Map of Beaver Creek

Default December 2022 Challenge: Map of Beaver Creek

As for many others life has pushed mapping towards the background for a bit but…
    I’ll give this one a go!

Since April I have been working in an outdoor store in Mall of the Netherlands and the layout of the store inspired me for this challenge.

It will be a full handdrawn map on A3 watercolor paper and I’ll be working with watercolor for the first time aswell.
    I won’t be spending to much time editing my photo’s because it was effecting my joy of participating in the past (wanted to spend time mapping but hated spending hours edditing photo’s before posting each day) I’ll make them as representative as possible

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	704E33BA-06D9-4D10-9E70-2171203FBB34.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	134808

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    As for many others life has pushed mapping towards the background for a bit but…
    I’ll give this one a go!

Since April I have been working in an outdoor store in Mall of the Netherlands and the layout of the store inspired me for this challenge.

It will be a full handdrawn map on A3 watercolor paper and I’ll be working with watercolor for the first time aswell.
    I won’t be spending to much time editing my photo’s because it was effecting my joy of participating in the past (wanted to spend time mapping but hated spending hours edditing photo’s before posting each day) I’ll make them as representative as possible

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	704E33BA-06D9-4D10-9E70-2171203FBB34.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	134808
    Lovely frame !

This is looking great so far Marc I'll look forward to seeing where you go with it. This challenge really seems to be heating up as well. It's great to see so many entries this month.

Good luck with trying out the new medium (watercolours) as well. I took a look at some of your past work on the finished maps forum and it looks like you've used colouring pencils to colour your previous maps?
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.